Kicks like a mule

Got a random vid worth sharing, do it here!
smokescreen
Need to get out more

Kicks like a mule

Unread post by smokescreen » August 10th, 2013, 12:23 am

2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

monkeybucket
Part of the furniture

Re: Kicks like a mule

Unread post by monkeybucket » August 10th, 2013, 12:30 am

Anyone for a broken sholder blade? Geeez. Hand cannon to the max!!!
Cheers
Chris.

Off road when I'm good...in the shed when I'm naughty.

South West All Terrain ... www.swat4x4.com

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 9:04 am

Man I would love to shoot that !

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » August 12th, 2013, 9:48 am

Recoil Junkie !!!! ! Just stand still, i'll take a full swing at your shoulder with a 12 pd sledgehammer :lol:

Reckon it would only take 2 shots to end up with the mother of a recoil headaches ........................ or concussion :eek:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 10:16 am

Yeah the recoil doesn't bother me at all......its the nose bleeds after a few shots that gets me.....last time it was a week before I could say my nose completely stopped bleeding :(
I am totally hooked on Big Bore riffles though !! Got a Second this year in the WBB Club 5000 off hand (Riffles with over 5000 flbs of energy) event, next time I am going for gold !!!! haha

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 12th, 2013, 10:43 am

I don't know that 'mule' is anywhere near what that thing must kick like!! Watch the last bloke shooting, at around 3:14 when he's just pulled the trigger, look at the foam/whatever on the bench THREE benches over & behind him..... It gets tossed around too!!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » August 12th, 2013, 10:45 am

The quip about concussion wasnt a joke.

I shot a Nationals Shilloutte with a 7mm using near max loads particularly the 175gn /500 mt loads.

In all about 200 rounds over 2 days.

Later got told by my doctor that i had incurred a concussion from the repeated recoil and blast.

And in hindsight it was exactly like when i suffered a single hit concussion as the result of a bike accident.

Discretion is now the better part of valour with big rifles now , one or two shots and i hand em back with a polite thankyou.

Headaches are not good so nose bleeds cant be a good sign Harb
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Yeah the concussion is pretty hard.....
The ADF blokes are not allowed to shoot more than 10 rounds in one sitting at training either as most of them get nose bleeds as well.....its the massive shock wave that hits you and goes straight up your nose..........so wearing ear plugs up your nose is the go.
But even with that done, shooting .50cal BMG does leave you rattled in the head after a few shots......I guess thats why a lot of guys wont shoot it.
But having said all that, I love it every time I pull the trigger, and it just makes me smile every time you make a good solid hit on a reactive target at 1500m......just magic, and everyone standing around usually crack up as well.
Last edited by Harb on August 12th, 2013, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Peter Aawen wrote:I don't know that 'mule' is anywhere near what that thing must kick like!! Watch the last bloke shooting, at around 3:14 when he's just pulled the trigger, look at the foam/whatever on the bench THREE benches over & behind him..... It gets tossed around too!!

I will have to get some video next time I am out with the 50 Pete......guys standing 60 metres away still get the shockwave, and everything 10m around you moves lol.
I got a mate to shoot it while I stood back about 30m to have a listen without muffs on.......man is that thing music......the echo throughout the area is awesome.....it really is artillery.

LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » August 12th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Hahaha..ha :lol:
Some boys & their big toys...and some nice big bruises ,...just to re-live the moment !
Who's gonna introduce me to all those hidden, natural wonders ?..... 'my trusty 4WD'.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » August 12th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Harb wrote: But having said all that, I love it every time I pull the trigger, and it just makes me smile every time you make a good solid hit on a reactive target at 1500m......just magic, and everyone standing around usually crack up as well.
YUP !! :D , its the intense Boom and Crack with the Recoil, followed by the delay, then watching the target be hit and fall / fold / explode / disappear then the delay until the Thwack returns :D .

Brings a smile to the face EVERY time :lol:

Just a good as your first ever successful hit on a Ram @ 500Mts.

Un***********Forgetable :thumb:

Must be amusing should you sneeze though :)
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » August 12th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Harb wrote: But even with that done, shooting .50cal BMG does leave you rattled in the head after a few shots......I guess thats why a lot of guys wont shoot it.
Interestingly I had the opportunity to let rip 5 rounds from a mounted full auto BMG down at the old Portsea Army Camp many years ago, was over in point poofteenth of a second and no real adverse reaction other than a major adrenalin overdose and dull ringing in the ears under the earmuffs ( What a Buzz !!! :D )

but this discussion just makes me wonder about those that used mounted 50's in APC's and Ack Ack placements etc when they used them in anger. :eek:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Yeah the good thing with the mounted ones is they generally don't use a Muzzle break, so the shockwave and muzzle blast goes forward and away from you, so you cop less back in your direction.
Yep, I sure will never get used to pulling the trigger and watching things disappear lol

Harb
Need to get out more

Unread post by Harb » August 12th, 2013, 6:44 pm

LilMissRuffit wrote:Hahaha..ha :lol:
Some boys & their big toys...and some nice big bruises ,...just to re-live the moment !
Seems like every thing I like in life gives me bruises lol

Such a cute riffle though......

smokescreen
Need to get out more

Unread post by smokescreen » August 12th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Dam that things a cannon Harb I guess it's not used for quail hunting :lol:
2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

Return to “General Videos”