Historic Formula Vees

Got a random vid worth sharing, do it here!
Newtothefourbeworld
Here and there

Historic Formula Vees

Unread post by Newtothefourbeworld » July 4th, 2013, 11:25 am

So appart from 4x4ing i do a bit of racing.

I race in historic formula vees and we were out at eastern creek on the new 'brabham circuit' last weekend.

I have put a couple of videos up on youtube and thought i would share them with anyone who is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSn3uo-jOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQgAC3nk36g

Enjoy!

Just realised this should have gone into videos......mods could you please move?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Historic Formula Vees

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 4th, 2013, 11:38 am

Done! ;)

But it is a bit embarrassing looking at vids like that, they look (& sound) a whole lot like some of the vehicles I raced in way back when I was a kid, only we didn't call them 'historic' back then! :(

Just out of that interest, do you know what years they mainly came from?? Some pretty good looking vehicles there, and some interesting racing too, it does bring back memories, even made my pulse rate increase just a tad at times! :)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Newtothefourbeworld
Here and there

Unread post by Newtothefourbeworld » July 4th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Hi Peter,

Cheers for moving it across.

The years range from about 1964 through to 1984 for the formula vees and i would assume about the same for the formula fords in our races :)

Newtothefourbeworld
Here and there

Unread post by Newtothefourbeworld » July 4th, 2013, 12:35 pm

also most of the guys i race with are in the club as its the cars they used to race or watch when they were younger :)

Im by far the youngest in the club (24)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 4th, 2013, 1:39 pm

So I was right, it might be historic stuff to you, but it's the vehicles of my youth, so it's really just reminding me how old I'm getting! :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Newtothefourbeworld
Here and there

Unread post by Newtothefourbeworld » July 4th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Well I didnt mean to upset you Peter...... :lol:

Return to “General Videos”