Night Bombers in 1943

Got a random vid worth sharing, do it here!
mark hopkins
Avid Poster

Night Bombers in 1943

Unread post by mark hopkins » June 8th, 2013, 7:44 pm

This a doco about Lancaster night bombers.
Very interesting. Would of been a scary experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLVIlESNGE

HOPPY :drink: :drink: :drink:

edz
Need to get out more

Re: Night Bombers in 1943

Unread post by edz » June 9th, 2013, 12:57 am

It is a good watch Mark, has been around for quite a few years way back in the day of VHS tapes was when I got a copy ..
Couldnt begin to imagine the terror of being blown out of the sky and trying to get to your parachute in a damaged spinning aircraft awash with hydraulic fluid in -60* cold at night, while sitting in the middle of 7 tons of high explosive and thousands of gallons of high octane aviation fuel ..some faced .
" WE GO WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT "
" WHAT WE HAV'NT WE GO WITH OUT "

Muckinhell
Need to get out more

Unread post by Muckinhell » June 9th, 2013, 8:18 pm

My Grandad flew as a radio operator with the pathfinders. I remember watching this on some old beta tapes he had taped from the ABC some many years ago, and tried to dub off those Beta tapes when i eventually worked in TV, but the Beta tapes of hours long wouldnt work in our TV standard betacam machines so have missed this for a long time.

The reason it rings so much of a bell is there is someone flying in the doco must be the (Squadron leader) S/L Newitt wich is my family name. brings a bit of a punch to the reality of it specially seeing my GF flew with the pathfinders, its an absolute miracle he made it to go on and have kids let alone have myself be able to watch that doco to make out some distant relys name.

Gd didnt let on to much about those days wich is a shame cause he has been gone now for some ten years, but the one tid bit i do remmeber him talking about was, when they had come back from a raid one of the flares had frozen in the bombay and didnt release. as he and the crew were being driven away after landing, the flare had thawed and fallen out and burnt the plane to the ground.

great doco one that ill book mark for future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Been here a while

Unread post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow » June 9th, 2013, 8:54 pm

My Grandpa flew bombers in the war, and was a squadron leader. He stayed with the RAF throughout the cold war.
IMO what bomber command made them do is unspeakable and there would have been war crime charges if the allied forces had lost the war.
Grandpa is 90 and is only just speaking about the war but avoids the actual missions.

Look for the Logical Insanity podcast here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/dancarlin/h ... format=xml
previous:-> 74 KE20 4AGTE, 04 RZN149R, 01 AE112R, 01 KR42R, 84 E30 318i, 67 MINI DELUXE
current:-> 06 BF XR6T, MY13 ISUZU D-MAX LS-M 4X4

Return to “General Videos”