IJC Offroading on 1 st August 2010 at MTX Isb

aamir567
Been here a while

IJC Offroading on 1 st August 2010 at MTX Isb

Unread post by aamir567 » August 2nd, 2010, 1:35 am

Dear Members & Friends of Islamabad Jeep Club ( IJC )

IJC organized an off road event at the MTX park courtesy of Salman Niazi. It was the first event held after IJC?s summer camp 2010. A total of 18 different vehicles were seen overcoming various obstacles, some simple others more advanced for the experienced. It was a pleasure seeing and meeting all members after quite a while as the last event was held was some months back. I made it a point to attend as it was to be my last till at least next summer as I will be away. In addition to the usual members it was a pleasure to see some new faces (member?s special guests) and their vehicles. Special arrangements had been made for a sumptuous lunch. A few members could not make it and were missed. Lots of pictures were taken by different members and we anxiously wait to see them posted on this thread.

The event started with some small but challenging obstacles. Very soon into the event a few members decided mud bashing but the mud turned out to be rather deep and the ground very soft. Our very own Untame managed to get his Safari Cruiser stuck and it took some doing to get it out. A lot of effort was made to winch it out and also towed but in the end the Safari pulled itself out by pulling itself against a tree with its own winch but only after the engine finally started, held by NUIC.

After that a number of old tracks were tried by almost everyone. A could of potentially dangerous incidents were also witnessed but luckily no one was hurt and the vehicles were recovered with the help of other members. The comradeship demonstrated by members was commendable and the entire process of the retrieval of the vehicles was filled with thrill and excitement.

In the end everyone gathered for a group photograph followed by lunch organized by Blackop. Whenever Blackop arranged lunch you can be sure of two things, one that it will be special and tow, there will be enough for an army. All in all it was a very fun filled event not to be missed.

A speacial thanks to Aamir bhai, Shahid bhai and NUIC for letting me ride in their vehicles. I will cerainly miss these events and friends but look forward to participating through seeing all the pictures on Pakwheels and IJC?s websites. Till next time have fun and be safe!

Writeup Courtesy Umer Cheema

thanks

All IJC Members

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is always Man Behind the Machine
[url]http://www.ijc.com.pk[/url]

aamir567
Been here a while

Unread post by aamir567 » August 2nd, 2010, 5:47 am

It is always Man Behind the Machine
[url]http://www.ijc.com.pk[/url]

Return to “International”