Formal Introductions

dats4real
Been here a while

Formal Introductions

Unread post by dats4real » March 19th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Thought it would be a good idea to get to know a few people from the Canberra 4wd community a bit better. So take this thread as a chance to introduce yourself. Put up a picture or 2 of your 4wd and any thing else that is 4wd related. Will be good 2 get to know a few more people as I'm generally out and about every second weekend in the canberra area

Anyway my names Tom born and breed in Canberra
I drive a 98 toyota hilux with the following mods:
98 TOYOTA HILUX 3litre diesel
MODS:
Denco high flow turbo
Hid headlight upgrade
Bright lights auto light bar
IPF spotlights
bullbar
buds custom bash plate
roof rack
ironman awning
ironman RTT
Mickey thompson classic lock rims
31 inch bf muddies
OME 2 inch lift kit
custom rock sliders
Diff breather kit
Safari snorkel
stereo
UHF
camp lights all-round
recently added Avenger winch

My favourite track in the area would have to be The monkey gum fire trail at Yalwal
And how could you forget Bendethra
Although i have done many of the others and there are so many good ones

I highly recommend the Boilng billy publications for our area. So many good tracks
The 2 following books are a great asset to my collection:
4WD TOURING SOUTH EAST NSW & EAST GIPPSLAND
4WD TRACKS OF THE HIGH COUNTRY

Anyway I'm Tom once again and i look forward to meeting many of you out on the tracks!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reubsa
Here and there

Re: Formal Introductions

Unread post by reubsa » March 26th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Hi Tom,

My name is Reuben, I've just moved to canberra from brisbane. I was hoping to meet some people that could show me a few local tracks around this area.

Ive got an 02 Triton that has been clean way to long
Just a few things-
Steel bar
Winch
2in lift
31 A/t's (larger muds coming soon, cant wait)
Front lokka

I'd be keen for a drive if your going out sometime, it will be good to meet other 4wders and do some exploring,

Cheers, Reub
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dats4real
Been here a while

Unread post by dats4real » March 27th, 2013, 8:32 am

great to meet you mate. Nice truck!!!
I like the roll bars.
Will definitely keep you posted when we are going out next.
Have you had much of a chance to explore the area yet???

reubsa
Here and there

Unread post by reubsa » March 27th, 2013, 10:49 am

Nah mate, I havn't done much exploring at all. We went out to the dam for a look the other day, Corin rd I think it was. There looked like a lot of forestry trails leading off into the bush, but was too chicken on my own just yet.

We've only been here 4 weeks so between finding the wife a new car, sorting daycare, job hunting and getting lost every time I drive to the shops, we havn't done much at all.

The bars came from a concretor I know who had them made up to carry boxing, thats why there so tall. I had to take to them with an angle gringer to shorten them a bit cause when I put the cage on top it was way to tall and wobbly.
Angle grinder saves the day once again.

Yeah if you can keep us in mind for your next trip that would be great, do some taging along.

dats4real
Been here a while

Unread post by dats4real » March 27th, 2013, 7:30 pm

No worries. There is a few really great places around
A few favourite are:
Bendethra. Was voted no1 camping place in NSW by 4wd action. its between braid wood and the coast in the duea Nation park. Its truly awesome. Not the hardest of 4wding but there are a few challenging bits. My trip count would be a 10times down there now

Oallen ford: Situated between tar ago and nerriga. Its just a really nice place on the river. There is a bit of 4wding but nothing super hard!!

Abocrombie rivers national park: Out past Goulbourn. Another really nice spot with either a chicken track in on a 4wd track with some very decent hill climbs

Then there is all the tracks out in the mountains. You have a lot of exploring to do!!!
Will let you know when something is coming up!!!

Knoxknoxknox
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Knoxknoxknox » May 9th, 2013, 3:20 pm

G'day guys,

my names daniel and ive lived in the ACT my whole life. whole life being 19 long years...
my trucks a 1982 hj47 trayback ute. running the hj61 4 litre turbo diesel (12ht)
umm where to start... im running a dual batteries, ive got about a 3" lift with efs springs and rancho rs9000 adjustable shocks.
running 33" wrangler mtrs
got some ipf spotties up front with two 10" baja lightbars
got a tow hitch up the back and some hooks up front
onboard mounted arb compressor with rear locker (doesnt work atm...)

well thats my truck, good old girl she is.
ive been on a few trips here and there since i bought her about 6 months ago, the big one being fraser island, ive been to yalwal and would love to hit up more of that area. tom groggin is another one of my personal favourites.

im definitely keen for any trips you guys wanted company on, as all my mates are into sportscars...

cheers,
Daniel
Knox

reubsa
Here and there

Unread post by reubsa » May 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Hi Daniel,

Sounds like a nice truck you got there, Fraser island is a great place for hanging out in the sun but that would have been a long run from here ;-)

Hopefully I can pick up my wheels next week so i'm keen for a run maybe on sat the 25 may?
Would any one be interested in a day or half day trip around Brindabella or just some fire trails or something?
I havn't been to brindabella but have heard that it's about 40min away? maybe? i dunno?

Lemme know if your keen at all.

Cheers
Reub

dats4real
Been here a while

Unread post by dats4real » May 15th, 2013, 8:35 pm

The brandies are a great place to explore. I am away that weekend of the 25th. but i did have a good explore up there a few weeks back. The power lines track has some awesome stuff to have a play on and is well worth finding. Also while your there take a trip to flea creek. Its very nice!!! Make sure you go up mt core swell. Great views. And its all so close to home!!!

reubsa
Here and there

Unread post by reubsa » May 17th, 2013, 5:41 pm

If your out on the 25th. Would the following sat, sat 1st be better?

Knoxknoxknox

Unread post by Knoxknoxknox » May 21st, 2013, 12:55 pm

hey guys, im going on a trip up to lake eucumbene on the 1st and 2nd, but im free for anything any other weekend or afternoon. i know my way reasonably well around mt coree, flea creek, mcintyres hut etc. and i definitely know of some decent tracks up there. especially fun after a bit of rain. my email address is daniel.knox.1993@gmail.com shoot me an email if your looking to organise a trip, id be stoked to come.

cheers
Knox

Jtrevanion4

Unread post by Jtrevanion4 » June 9th, 2013, 10:16 pm

G'day,

My names Jim and ive lived in Canberra, well Queanbeyan, for almost two years of my 20. moved up from down the coast for a job.

I drive a 1999 Nissan Navara 3.2L Diesel that i got off my dad about a year ago now. Done a few things with it since then:
Added a Winch
Upgraded the suspension, lifted 2"
Made a roof console to house the new uhf radio
Chucked an air compressor in
Made a fishing rod holder forthe bullbar
Whole bunch of maintenance

And theirs a lot more to come as quick as they can on an apprentice wage :D

Still getting to find the tracks around the area, done a bit of exploring of south Brindabella to the Snowy Mt Highway.
Did a trip up around Flea creek and Mt Coree which was good
And heading out tomorrow, on the day off!, to explore a bit more around, and above,Flea creek.

Would be keen to head out with someone who knows the area and the good spots, or anyone for a bit of an adventure one weekend. Let us know.

See yas out their!

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » April 18th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Thought I'd spark up this thread.

I'm Mark and as my nickname suggests am getting back into 4wding after an 8 year sabbatical. Feel as though I'm starting from scratch.

I've been in Canberra for almost 5 years. Love bushwalking and trail running in the Brindies. Looking forward to driving them too.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to pick up my new 2014 PC Challenger late next week. Will be fairly stock for a while, just getting the dealer to fit a genuine tow bar and Safari snorkel. They are also facilitating TJM fitting a bull bar and winch.

Will and some ATs from the get go. Leaning towards Maxxis AT980's at the moment.

Cheers

Mark

Return to “Australian Capital Territory”