4wders in ACT.

robandjenine
Here and there

Re: 4wders in ACT.

Unread post by robandjenine » February 7th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Hey guys

Did anything eventuate with this trip? I'm from the Southern Highlands but ACT is just a couple of hours down the road.

I'm camping at Wee Jasper on the 16th to 18th Feb and planning on spending the Saturday exploring the Brindies, would be happy to meet up somewhere if anyone is interested, never been there before so a little local knowlege wouldn't hurt

Cheers
Rob
97 Prado RV, hurricane headers 2 1/4" sports system, uniden UHF,safari snorkel,waeco 8l as centre console, powerful 4x4 basket,2.5m awning. 40mm EFS Lift, 265/75/16 Hankook mudders and a long bloody wishlist

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » February 7th, 2012, 8:10 pm

I can probably do the Saturday. I'm assuming you'll be coming from the Wee Jasper side?

robandjenine
Here and there

Unread post by robandjenine » February 7th, 2012, 9:04 pm

yes mate we'll be coming in from Wee Jasper
97 Prado RV, hurricane headers 2 1/4" sports system, uniden UHF,safari snorkel,waeco 8l as centre console, powerful 4x4 basket,2.5m awning. 40mm EFS Lift, 265/75/16 Hankook mudders and a long bloody wishlist

Bartz bus
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Bartz bus » May 27th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Hi Guys Im also new to the area, was hoping i could join the group for a tag along. As I dont know the area and not in a club but want to take the kids out to see the country. Just dont like the idea of going alone.
Bart :

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » May 28th, 2012, 7:31 am

Damn. I forgot all about this thread too. Just took a couple of new 4wders down to McIntyre's the weekend before last.
And totally forgot about the February trip.
Ok. so let's get this happening.
I'm away or working the next few weekends, but how about 22nd or 23rd of June? or a fortnight later on the 6th or 7th of July?
Start point Weston Creek McDonald's. Aim for something like Flea Creek for Morning Tea, McIntyre's for lunch, Mt Coree peak on the way home for afternoon tea.
Brindabella Road > Gentle Annie trail, to get to Flea Creek.
Webbs Ridge trail > Waterfall Trail > McIntyres Hut trail, to get to McIntyres.
McIntyre's Hut Trail > Waterfall Trail > Webbs Ridge > Powerline Trail > Two Sticks Road > Coree Peak Trail, to get to Mt Coree.
Coree Peak trail > Pabral Road > Curries Road > Brindabella Road, back to McDonald's for a hot coffee to thaw back out after Mt Coree (winter evenings up there can be arctic). Home.
Dates are flexible, but I work every second weekend, so it has to be the weekend after the public service payday for me to be free.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » May 28th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Ezookiel wrote:Damn. I forgot all about this thread too. Just took a couple of new 4wders down to McIntyre's the weekend before last.
And totally forgot about the February trip.
Ok. so let's get this happening.
Can you put me down for this - in view of the climate I would take my car rather than the truck. I live at Weston so I know Maccas well. I am available just about anytime.

TyBreaker
Been here a while

Unread post by TyBreaker » May 28th, 2012, 6:53 pm

garrycol wrote:Image
What a neat truck! I'm tempted to join the safari just so I can check it out.

TyBreaker
Been here a while

Unread post by TyBreaker » May 28th, 2012, 6:54 pm

bluehilux wrote:sounds good :) i can take my dog ;)
National Park means no dogs :(

YBE-10W
Avid Poster

Unread post by YBE-10W » May 28th, 2012, 7:20 pm

She'll leave a $220 hole in your pocket ;)

YBE-10W
Avid Poster

Unread post by YBE-10W » May 28th, 2012, 7:47 pm

nah a mate got done at Burrinjuck a while back

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » May 28th, 2012, 8:22 pm

bluehilux wrote:...that goes down to McIntyres Hut and if i remember correctly there was another turn off that you could take that had you crossing the river above McIntyres Hut and you looped back onto the tumit road...
Probably thinking of the turn off to Lowells Flat, where you used to be able to cross the river, but the other side is private property. I was at Lowell's when we woke up to find we'd had almost no alternator on the way down the night before, so the lights and spotties the whole way, had almost killed the battery. Couldn't start the vehicle, and it was an auto, and a diesel.
FIVE HOURS after we were due to leave, some people at a party in the private property across the river, decided on a whim to come home through the back of the property and out via Lowells. Thank goodness they did. No idea how much longer we might have been stuck before someone came in the normal way. I now have the equivalent of a dual battery system just in case (and a manual vehicle too).

Yes, the route you describe is Gentle Annie, and up via Webbs Ridge.

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » June 22nd, 2012, 9:56 pm

Was this trip actually going ahead. I don't think we ever quite got a date finalised. Last I saw we were thinking 23rd, which being tomorrow, and it now being 10pm, is probably quite a stretch to fit in now, but I guess anything is still possible.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » June 22nd, 2012, 11:09 pm

Is Brindabella NP still closed - was closed when the last storms came through a week or so ago.

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » June 23rd, 2012, 5:44 pm

Really?
Ok. I missed hearing that. Thanks.
Now planning for Sunday a fortnight from now at the moment for a trip to take my daughter's boyfriend 4wding (never been apparently).

Scacey
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Scacey » June 25th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Hello Canberrians!

I'm keen to head up the Brindies with you. I have done the Flea Creek to McIntyres Hut a couple of time before but with others, so not 100% on route, but I know its down Gentle Annie to Flea Creek then up Wells Ridge Rd to McIntyres. I did Two Sticks from Piccadilly Circus right around to Mountain Creek Rd last weekend with the family. Didn't do anything too risky as we weren't with anyone else and I don't have a winch.

Hope to meet all soon.

Return to “Australian Capital Territory”