Border Country 4WD Club (SA)

sudso
Need to get out more

Border Country 4WD Club (SA)

Unread post by sudso » September 19th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Gday all. We're a fresh incorporated 4WD Club (est. 2009) based in the Upper South East of SA and also an affiliate club of the SA 4WD Council. Our focus is on family day trips and weekenders not too far from home with the odd extended trip when we can fit one in. Age group atm is from 18 to 40's plus the kids but open to all ages.
Most of our rigs are pretty tame but that doesn't stop us tackling the harder stuff...........and the ensuing recoveries :o
Our area's terrain and local trips are a great way of "learning the ropes" too in preparation for longer more isolated trips that puts patience, driving, and rigs to the test.
We're based in the Tatiara Council District, one of the biggest in SA, and welcome new members from surrounding districts as well.
A few of us lurk about on here too being fans of the mag and dvd's.

Our "backyard" is Ngarkat Cons Park/Border Track and Little Desert Cons Park, and surrounds, but we love to venture out further and experience new places and tracks.
Our favourite area's close to home are Canunda/Beachport/Robe/Coorong and Western Vic from the Murray to the coast.
Occasionally we get together with other clubs for a bit of fun.

So if you're from around the area and interested in joining a club near you let me know here or you'll find our contact details on the saafwdc website
http://www.saafwdc.asn.au/members.htm#border4wd
Cheers, sudso (dave)

sudso
Need to get out more

Re: Border Country 4WD Club (SA)

Unread post by sudso » October 2nd, 2012, 12:44 pm

A few of us from our club and other clubs attended Whyalla & Districts 4wd weekend at Whyalla this weekend.
What a great event they host! Top venue, great people, and great 4wding in the Middleback Ranges (private properties), and Mt Laura for advanced tracks. Steep rocky stuff everywhere. Even some of the station tracks were challenging. Will definitely go back.

Dave
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Clint N
Been here a while

Unread post by Clint N » October 8th, 2012, 6:05 pm

good to meet ya dave, catch ya next time .

Sparkys
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sparkys » October 9th, 2012, 5:48 pm

You didn't take long to work out the local tracks Clint. I know who to hit up when I head out that way.

Clint N
Been here a while

Unread post by Clint N » October 31st, 2012, 10:09 pm

Haha, no time to sit idle mate. No worries mate

Return to “South Australia”