Adelaide 4X4 club

Wastednights
Been here a while

Adelaide 4X4 club

Unread post by Wastednights » January 19th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a South Australian or Adelaide based 4x4 club worthy of my membership fee?

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » January 19th, 2010, 6:47 pm

where abouts are you and what are your interests
________________________www.loveday4x4adventures.com________________________
thanks to... APM Radiators.. DRW automatics..Boss Racing Diffs..Sprint Auto Parts.. Bob Jane Marion..Noarlunga refrigeration..J&S Suspension (et4wd)..Heinrich Performance Dyno..

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 19th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Check the website at Four Wheel Drive South Australia (South Australian Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs) and look at all the affiliated Clubs under Clubs List. Where are you, there are quite a few clubs around, probly one near you anyway. But check them out, most don't make you join straight away, you get a chance to try them out at the same time as they check you out, to see if you & the Club are compatible!

Cheers
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Wastednights
Been here a while

Adelaide 4X4 club

Unread post by Wastednights » January 23rd, 2010, 7:00 pm

Can anyone suggest an Adelaide 4x4 club?

Or somewhere around Adelaide to test out my new rig?

RFA375
Getting to know the place

Unread post by RFA375 » January 23rd, 2010, 7:09 pm

x2 for testing rig locations??

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 23rd, 2010, 7:16 pm

Check out the list of Clubs on the State Association Website Four Wheel Drive South Australia (South Australian Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs) There's sure to be one near you, but don't necessarily just go for the local Club, most of them actually encourage you to visit or even do a trip or two with them and sort out if you like them (& they like you) before you sign on and spend money!

And not only will a Club give you access to a whole range of things including Nationally Acreditted 4WD Driver Training, 4WD & Camping Gear Insurance, organised trips with like minded people, ideas on modding/enhancing your vehicle etc, they also generally have a pretty good idea of where to go and what to do in the way of 4WDing in the local area and where to go what to see in the broader area too!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » January 23rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

as peter said the SA 4wd association is great comprehensive list and links to all affiliated clubs, which will offer most things you want inc qualified driver training

as for a place to test your vehicle, in my opinion Loveday is the pic of the places close to Adelaide ....come up for the Australian 4wd Muster on 6-8March ( adel cup w/e) will be a huge gathering of people and vehicles and lots of driving to be had too!!

check this out showthread.php?t=78437
thanks to... APM Radiators.. DRW automatics..Boss Racing Diffs..Sprint Auto Parts.. Bob Jane Marion..Noarlunga refrigeration..J&S Suspension (et4wd)..Heinrich Performance Dyno..

Wastednights
Been here a while

Unread post by Wastednights » January 23rd, 2010, 8:01 pm

Great thanks guys;)

I've had 4x4's in the past, but haven't had one for 14 looong years, so I thought I'd treat myself to one:waycool:

Are there any costs or registrations required for Loveday?

Wastednights
Been here a while

Unread post by Wastednights » January 23rd, 2010, 8:02 pm

Has anyone been to Deep Creek CP?

I believe you can 4x4 there:confused:

Nicko 75
Avid Poster

Unread post by Nicko 75 » January 23rd, 2010, 8:18 pm

Banned

ATARI
Part of the furniture

Unread post by ATARI » January 23rd, 2010, 8:26 pm

please delete the above post!!! it is now gated off, i know the property owner next door & he's cracking down & reporting people.
[b]Mighty BOY Hardcore Vitara featured in 4wd Custom #25[/b]
[url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/f27/mighty-boy-hardcore-vitara-4wd-custom-25-a-82571/[/url]

Nicko 75
Avid Poster

Unread post by Nicko 75 » January 23rd, 2010, 8:27 pm

ok no dramas, was just on 4x4 earth.

moparcm
Been here a while

Unread post by moparcm » January 23rd, 2010, 8:29 pm

Wastednights wrote:Has anyone been to Deep Creek CP?

I believe you can 4x4 there:confused:

you can but it is nothing really special most of the roads can be done in 2 wheel drive.
[u][color=#0000ff][url]http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=6861&im=1[/url][/color][/u]

toy yoda

Unread post by toy yoda » January 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm

Wastednights wrote:Great thanks guys;)

I've had 4x4's in the past, but haven't had one for 14 looong years, so I thought I'd treat myself to one:waycool:

Are there any costs or registrations required for Loveday?
Check out the web site all details are there, but yes there is an entry charge but easily worth it...especially if you camp the night

holden4wdclubsa
I'm new, be nice!

The Holden 4wd club

Unread post by holden4wdclubsa » June 23rd, 2010, 2:41 pm

Hi All

I would like to take a chance to invite you to come and have a look at the Holden 4wd club of South Australia. The club would like to welcome all readers of this forum to attend our club's meetings. The Holden 4wd Club isn't just for Holden?s either. We have a variety of vehicles including Landrovers, Landcruisers, Pajeros, and many other makes and models. We are a very active club with activities happening every month.

The Holden 4WD Club offers trips of all varieties to suit drivers of any level of experience ? Weekend getaways, Day trips, Mystery tours or extended trips to locations such as The Simpson Desert, Alice Springs and The Victorian High Country to name just a few.

Joining a club is a great way to learn more about your vehicle, your vehicle's potential and learn about safe, smart four-wheel driving practises. Membership is open to all four wheel drive owners.

Our members are encouraged to complete driver training courses with our accredited trainers or even become a trainer yourself! You can learn about driving in sand, mud, rocky terrain or making water crossings, as well as basic vehicle maintenance.

Our club meeting is held on the first Monday of the Month (except when a Public Holiday, then the second Monday of the Month) There generally is no meeting in January.

Our meeting place is:

Colonel Light Uniting Church Hall
560 Goodwood Road Daw Park
Adelaide South Australia
7:30pm

Any Questions please visit our website ?

Holden Four Wheel Drive Club of SA

Or email -

Holden4wdclub@gmail.com

Visitors and prospective members are most welcome to attend our Club Meetings and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Return to “South Australia”