CSR/Kidson track Pilbara trip 2011

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

CSR/Kidson track Pilbara trip 2011

Unread post by BFT RANGER » November 23rd, 2010, 11:15 pm

To any WA forum members.
Please feel free to join Me on this Pilbara Trip
I'am plaining another Pilbara trip for 2011.I will be travelling with my 2 Kids aged 8 & 10
The date's are for the April School hoildays leaving Perth Sunday 17th April and returning Saturday 7th May - 21 day trip.
The trip will start from Ginger's roadhouse Upper Swan.
to North of Meekatharra and head out to The Canning Stock route Well #5 and then travel to Well #33.
From here we will leave the CSR and head West on the Kidson Track ( Wapet Road) untill the turn off to head South on the Old Telegraph Track down to Callawa Homestead (Ruins). Then into Warrawagine Station ( This is owned by my family) spending a few day on a One Million Acre working cattle station.
From here the trip will head south to check out a few secret family camping spots on the way to Carawine Gorge and a couple of other hidden secret's.
Then back out on to the Woodie Woodie road and turning south again for another 27K's to the turn off to Nullagine on the Skull Springs road crossing the Oakover river. After crossing the Oakover we travel for around 18Klm's to the turn off into EEL Pool were we will pull up camp for a few days before heading off to Nullagine to check at the Famous Iron Clad hotel.
Nullagine to Newman.
From Newman people are free to depart the trip and head for home.
For those that stay we will do a trip up to the top of Mt Whaleback and try for a tour over mine at Newman.
From Newman we will head south to a camp site on the Gascoyne River at Three Rivers Station.
Travelling along the Three Rivers - Peak Hill road and back onto the Great Northern Hwy 70K's north of Meekathara, Then finding the last campsite of the trip at Jibberding Rocks around 30klm's north of Wubin. Then a easy last day drive to Perth.

The tour is self-catering. Vehicles must be robust and reliable (please note that any vehicle repairs or recovery will be at client's own cost). For environmental and track sustainability reasons we will take a maximum of ten vehicles and camper trailers will not be permitted.
For communication purposes, a vehicle-mounted UHF radio with externally mounted antenna is mandatory. I also strongly suggest a dune flag for each vehicle. You will be required to carry adequate supplies of water, food and fuel as we will need to be completely self-sufficient. Planning and preparation is extremely important on this tour.
There is a fuel drop point at Well#23 that must be pre purchased, This is a 200L drum.
Next Fuel is available from Kunawarriji. The turn off to the Kidson Track.
From there we will get through to Warrawagine Station and will be able to Purchase fuel from here to get through to Newman.

I'm looking into Permits ATM and will post up.

Cheers
Millsy
Tuned by CRISPMODS

http://www.crosscountry4wd.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ranger-BT50-owners/243230605704611

4Bchick
Avid Poster

Re: CSR/Kidson track Pilbara trip 2011

Unread post by 4Bchick » November 24th, 2010, 10:41 pm

My Vinny Fits the bill Big Tough and trustworthy :-) i can carry all my own gear as im fitter with fridge.foof top tent false floor etc etc got my own Radio and a 10 yr old Daughter that would LOVE such a trip!!!!! I would have to book dates off work but id be keen to come along :-)

Kel :-)

BFT RANGER
Need to get out more

Unread post by BFT RANGER » November 25th, 2010, 11:41 pm

sounds like the truck's ready to go 4bchick.

There has been a change to the planned trip.
After speaking to my Bro at Warrawagine Station, He has informed me that there is no way we will be able to travel the Old Telegraph Track at the end of the Kidson Track due to it been impassable.
Therefor we will continue along the Kidson track to the Great Northan Hwy,just south of Sandfire Roadhouse.
From here those that need to head for home can depart the tour.
For those that stay we will head out to 80 Mile Beach for a few days of White Sand & Surf.
Before heading off down the Bore Line road and into Warrawagine Station and beyond.
Tuned by CRISPMODS

http://www.crosscountry4wd.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ranger-BT50-owners/243230605704611

4Bchick
Avid Poster

Unread post by 4Bchick » November 27th, 2010, 6:35 pm

that still sounds pretty awsome :-)

Return to “Western Australia”