Vic Action forums' "HARD CORE CREW"

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Re: Vic Action forums' "HARD CORE CREW"

Unread post by Tarzan » May 14th, 2012, 8:34 am

Some say he holds his arms up in the air as antennae, to detect a mate. Some say he just splits in two and eats his old self, all we know is he's called "The Stig"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tarzan » May 14th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Here's a sequence of pics, shot by Dave. Great pics Dave, thanks bud :thumb:
At the bog hole near the top of Andersons track. If you havn't already, check out the previous page for more pics of this trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tarzan on May 14th, 2012, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » May 14th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Looks like it was a good day out. Good to see some pics on here again. I'm itching to get out but still a bit of work to be done.

BLF52
Been here a while

Unread post by BLF52 » May 15th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Ok here they are. Forget about Tarzan, the Stig has taken over :-) ;-)

http://photobucket.com/Bunyip_Soft_Run_May2012

The Stig

Sporty 40
Been here a while

Unread post by Sporty 40 » June 26th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Heya Brian,

Glad to see you still have the red truck, and its still charging along well. Been out of the loop for a while, but Gembrook has changed from when I was there. Car now has a LS1 powering the thing, what a ripper motor that is.

Hope all is well

Lawrence

REDNECKRACING
Been here a while

Unread post by REDNECKRACING » July 3rd, 2012, 5:40 pm

Hey there guys, just thought Id let you know the GQ (Space shuttle) has finally been sold but not gone far, sold it to the bro inlaw lol. Took the GU on its first half decent off road trip in the strathbogie ranges last weekend, other than a mud filled alternator drama it performed quite well so very happy.

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tarzan » July 15th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Since the new "Struthy" roof rack has brackets for spot lights I embarked upon susing out some good driving lights.
Among the usual names, Narva, Lightforce I came across a brand named FYRLYT. Anybody heard anything they might like to share about these? They claim superior performance to Lightforce 55w HIDs' & at 3/4 of the price. They use a German Osram Quartz halogen lamp that's suposed to be the bees knees. It can convert from spot to spread by twisting its mounting position in the reflector.........Anyhow there was consequence. These bulbs are rated 150 Watts each! They'll need good wires battery & alternator.
My alternator light was Ghosting on and fading off so I thought if I replace it I'll see if I can upgrade it as well. My local and now friendly auto elec, (friendly cause he stuck me $500.00 for the conversion) adapted this model Bosch alternator and associated bracketry he fabed up.

http://www.vickrawlers.com/forum/downlo ... php?id=141

REDNECKRACING
Been here a while

Unread post by REDNECKRACING » August 8th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Hey guys thought Id let you know first before I advertise them but seeing now that not much is going on in the way of 4bying in vic :mad: and a few people I know getting their rigs put off the road by the under educated and over board :confused: boys in blue, I am thinking of selling my 36" pedes and beadlock rims and getting some less agressive 35s. If you know anyone or are interested yourself send us a msg, cheers

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » August 13th, 2012, 5:29 pm

:ooh: you're not gettin soft in ya old age are you?

REDNECKRACING
Been here a while

Unread post by REDNECKRACING » August 15th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Hehe :D nah not soft just thinking of rechanelling the car wrecking stuff and build an offroad race truck, run in the extreme 4x4 class. Dont need rego and dont have to worry about having a broken car on Monday morning. Might be getting my hands on a rolling GQ , Ive got a nice little Tickford 5ltr sitting in my shed and now have a collection of spares and bits and peices. Ute chop, cage it out and a few suspension mods and go racing. Still in the idea stage but will see what happens, my job is a bit iffy :urgh: at the moment so things might change. Now setting up a turbo on the GU so need to get that out of the way, also need to get a move on the XP in the shed then maybe drag the Hotrod out and do somthing with that :crazy: its never ending but at least my mind is busy. :D

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » August 15th, 2012, 6:51 pm

sounds good to me :thumb: . i've still got the old paj sittin there that could be used

-PAJ-
Avid Poster

Unread post by -PAJ- » October 6th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Hey guys, sorry long time no speak. Been busy, got a 5month old little man... Likes to break stuff like his dad, and with one wage can't afford to break anything.

Tarzan, as I'm in Warragul if you ever have an extra seat let me know and I'll run your winch.... Maybe with a few cans... Would be good to catch up, my old phone died and I lost a lot of numbers so give me a call guys if you still got my number!!!!

REDNECKRACING
Been here a while

Unread post by REDNECKRACING » October 12th, 2012, 6:41 am

Congrats on the little one Paj, I know the one wage feeling, been doing that for the last 3 years and its killing me. Just meens I have to do all my mods over a longer period of time. We went out for a trip up in the Strathbogies 6mnths ago and Im still fixing it.

Tarzan
Avid Poster

Unread post by Tarzan » October 18th, 2012, 5:15 am

Hey Ryan,
Congrats on the the bub. :thumb: I'll give you a call to organise a day. With you in the passenger seat I'd like to see if that would level out my front suspension. :D

BLF52
Been here a while

Unread post by BLF52 » October 23rd, 2012, 9:17 pm

Congratulations Ryan. But start getting used to being broke. It only last about 25yrs :lol: :crazy: :lol: :crazy: :lol: :crazy:

Hey Sam, you don't have enough passenger seats to level out the suspension :D ;) :D ;)

Been busy on the old Red Rocket. Finally cut the rusty steel checker plate off the tray and replaced with Alluminium. Then, fitted a Canopy, then fitted a 110lt aux fuel tank. Off to the high country Cup Weekend, travelling from Dargo to Mansfield via the Wonnangatta river, Zeka Spur Track and Howitt Plains. Should give the old girl and the Camper a good work out, oh and the truck as well :D :D :D :D

When I get a round 2 it, I will post up some pics.

Ancient Leftie
Brian

Return to “Victoria”