Rumpig,
how did you go with the diff on the weekend. get it fixed :thumb:
locked & ready to go anywhere

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » July 28th, 2009, 8:08 pm

4x4shrek wrote:Rumpig,
how did you go with the diff on the weekend. get it fixed :thumb:
no not yet mate. took it to a mechanic mates place and he had a look at it (played with driveline etc.) then drained some of the front diff oil out and looked at the little metal pieces that where in there. he doesn't seem to think it's the C & P but we won't really know till it's apart. he rang a mate who does diffs and used to install lockers for ARB, but he was out west and doesn't get back until today i think. he might have some spare parts lying around (including possibly a C & P) it just depends on what broke, so wasn't much point pulling it apart until he got back. i'm thinking i'll give mechanic mate my car at the end of the week so it doesn't inconvienence my work to much. i'll have to borrow my brothers old 2.4 diesel hilux to tow my work trailer, so i'm putting it off for as long as possible.

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 30th, 2009, 7:54 pm

boxxy have a good trip up north will try to catch up when you get back don't drink to much:drink::drink:
locked & ready to go anywhere

-Aussie-
Been here a while

August Meeting

Unread post by -Aussie- » August 23rd, 2009, 12:19 pm

This months monthly meeting will be held on Saturday 29th August at the park in paradise point on the Esplanade.

Lux77 will be providing a BBQ for BYO food and drink after the meeting.

Aussie will be camping at Treasure Island Resortovernight for those that want to join them.

Camp sites start at $35 a night for 2 people, an extra $7.70 per person per site per night, kids 0 - 3 are free.
[align=center][url=http://www.themotleycrew.info][size=134]The Motley Crew[/size][/url][/align]
[align=center]4WD & social Club of Australia Inc.
[url=http://www.themotleycrew.info/motley/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=Charitydoreg]Register for our Charity Do here[/url].[/align]

Boxxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxxy » August 31st, 2009, 3:35 pm

Hi all
The "early bird" prize draw for the Charity Clubkhana has been extended to 11th September, so lets all get organised and register and grab a few mates as well

Cheers
Boxxy
[font=Times New Roman][size=167][url=http://www.themotleycrew.info]The Motley Crew[/url][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club of Australia Inc. is a family focused 4wd club started by members of the 4wd Action Forum[/font]

turbo deisel
Been here a while

Unread post by turbo deisel » September 10th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Ay rum here you go boxxy look at morris u boys are in love arent ya's lol

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » September 11th, 2009, 11:03 pm

turbo deisel wrote:Ay rum here you go boxxy look at morris u boys are in love arent ya's lol

Geez mate, it's like looking into a mirror, what a machine. pity they couldn't string a few more wins together earlier in the season.

turbo deisel
Been here a while

Unread post by turbo deisel » September 12th, 2009, 12:57 am

haha yer and benji looks like a gay metro sexual lol shame the tigers didnt make it this year......

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » September 13th, 2009, 6:21 pm

o.k,,,,,who called that mothers meeting,,,,haahaahhhaaaaa......

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » September 13th, 2009, 6:44 pm

hey rumpig, how'd the diff work out????????i've been looking at a 2000 model 105 series turbo diesel with all the fruit already just gotta convince kyn to change,its about 30,000 dollars sound about right,,,anything i should look out for????other than weak front diffs!!!! its got 300,000 kays on it though.........took it for a test drive and was pretty dissapointed it didn't have much go,,,should have heaps more poke than a 3ltr nissan shouldn't it???????nice inside but,heaps of room in the back and i reckon you could fit a slab between the two front seats!!!!!!!!they are gunna give me 28 for the nav but i want to drive another one before i commit,its an auto but it just felt like a big slug to drive to me,,its got a 3'' mandrel bent exhaust too,,,,,i don't know,,,i haven't driven one before i just expected it to have more power,,i mean its got less power than the 3ltr nissan and thats saying something because my nav is the biggest heap of you know what that i've ever driven,,,,i put my foot to the floor and it just didn't want to move,,,what do ya reckon??????bloody nice inside tho mate....
please let me know you're thoughts.

cheers
craig

Lux77
Avid Poster

Unread post by Lux77 » September 13th, 2009, 7:32 pm

low&slow wrote:hey rumpig, how'd the diff work out????????i've been looking at a 2000 model 105 series turbo diesel with all the fruit already just gotta convince kyn to change,its about 30,000 dollars sound about right,,,anything i should look out for????other than weak front diffs!!!! its got 300,000 kays on it though.........took it for a test drive and was pretty dissapointed it didn't have much go,,,should have heaps more poke than a 3ltr nissan shouldn't it???????nice inside but,heaps of room in the back and i reckon you could fit a slab between the two front seats!!!!!!!!they are gunna give me 28 for the nav but i want to drive another one before i commit,its an auto but it just felt like a big slug to drive to me,,its got a 3'' mandrel bent exhaust too,,,,,i don't know,,,i haven't driven one before i just expected it to have more power,,i mean its got less power than the 3ltr nissan and thats saying something because my nav is the biggest heap of you know what that i've ever driven,,,,i put my foot to the floor and it just didn't want to move,,,what do ya reckon??????bloody nice inside tho mate....
please let me know you're thoughts.

cheers
craig

When i was looking for a new rig, i looked at a couple of 100s. One in particular was all set up for touring, was 2001 model, manual, 199000 on the clock, was a petrol/gas, and he was asking $28000 then dropped it to $26000. but i found the patrol then. 30 sounds a bit much for the kays to me????? Good luck mate:thumb:
[align=center][font=Garamond][size=134][color=black][i]1990 Hilux[/i][/color][/size][/font][/align]

[align=center][font=Comic Sans MS]2001 GU ST Snorkle, Lifted, Locked, Dual Batteries, MTZ's, Dual Wheel Carrier[/font][/align]

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » September 13th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Is it a factory t/d or a aftermarket turbo??? Man thats a lot of ks... The Nissan 3.0td is a pretty powerful little motor and i recon makes more power than a 4.2td but that said no t/d will be a rocket ship they are a workhorse so if you want power buy a petrol...

I personally wouldnt consider a truck with 300000ks if you want any reiability...

my 2c worth

and yes the only problems the 4.2 toyotas have are a very weak front diff and a few have fuel pump issues...also when fitted with an aftermarket turbo it needs to be set up well as they have a habbit of cracking pistons if they arent

Cheers Glen
[b]2004 GUIII 3.0TD PATROL WAGON WITH ALL THE GOOD TOURING GEAR.[/b]
[b][size=167]"THE MOTLEY CREW"[/size][/b]

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » September 13th, 2009, 9:17 pm

factory turbo,2 inch lift,tough dog shocks,new coils,3inch exhaust,arb winch bar..pretty neat all over,,but as far as power goes its got nothing on the nav,,,maybe there's something wrong with it i don't know, i'll have to drive some more of them to be sure. i agree tho 300 kays is alot,probably got another 300 init tho..oh yeah its a solid axle front end too.

whats the auto's like??????

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » September 14th, 2009, 3:42 pm

low&slow wrote:factory turbo,2 inch lift,tough dog shocks,new coils,3inch exhaust,arb winch bar..pretty neat all over,,but as far as power goes its got nothing on the nav,,,maybe there's something wrong with it i don't know, i'll have to drive some more of them to be sure. i agree tho 300 kays is alot,probably got another 300 init tho..oh yeah its a solid axle front end too.

whats the auto's like??????

Craig they never made a 105 series factory t/d with solid axle front...it must be an aftermarket turbo.

Cheers
[b]2004 GUIII 3.0TD PATROL WAGON WITH ALL THE GOOD TOURING GEAR.[/b]
[b][size=167]"THE MOTLEY CREW"[/size][/b]

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » September 14th, 2009, 11:18 pm

front diff is fixed, but i'm sure i'll eventually break it again.
they aren't a rocket even with the turbo and intercooler and 3" exhaust, just alot better then the naturally asp. 1HZ is all.
i think price is abit high with those klms on it mate, not that it's alot of klms for a 1HZ, just you don't know it's history is all, especially at that price.
3.0 Patrols are quicker then my cruiser, but i'd like to see how long they last towing every day like i do, and then with the caravan on trips aswell.

Return to “Queensland”