The Motley Crew

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » June 21st, 2009, 7:54 pm

Boxxy wrote:Looks like you started digging the pit for the Hungi
and you said you weren't going to dig the hole !!!

Boxxy
Geez you blokes, maybe we shoulda called the club "The Motley Moles" the way you like to dig in!! lol :D:D:D
92 NH Pajero. 3L V6 petrol auto. Maxxis Bighorn muddies on Infinity rims. GME TX4600 UHF. [b][i]Factory rear locker[/i][/b]. GU standard rear coils, Ironman foam-cell shocks front & rear, torsion bars wound up 2". [b][i]TJM [/i][/b]steel bar. [b][i]Tigerz11 winch.[/i][/b] Now, just [b]lovin' livin' the freedom!![/b] Happy trails. :thumb:

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 8th, 2009, 5:57 pm

so how are all the motley to day.
when are you going to post up G H run :thumb:
we are off to landcruiser park on the 7/8/9 aug if any one want to come out for the weekend:thumb:
locked & ready to go anywhere

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » July 8th, 2009, 6:34 pm

4x4shrek wrote:so how are all the motley to day.
when are you going to post up G H run :thumb:
we are off to landcruiser park on the 7/8/9 aug if any one want to come out for the weekend:thumb:
hey shrek,
how did your trip out to canarvon gorge go? you only went to the main section didn't you?
did you do many of the walks or what?
how many of the sections on the walk are open these days? i heard some of them got closed a few years back, but wonder what's still to see on the main walking track out to the art gallery etc. and back.

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 8th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Rumpig,
The main walking track is still open they have put toliets in along the way, one at the y intersection of the Moss Garden Walk and the other is down at Big Bend (didn't make it this far). We seen Moss Garden, Amphitheatre and Ward's Canyon. That was 15 odd kms and the kids had had enough. Also seen Baloon Cave Aboriginal cultural trail and Mickey Creek Gorge, they are tracks from the main road as you approach the main Gorge. On the way home we also called in and seen Isla Gorge, near Theorode.

Have you heard of Idalia National Park, west of Blackall? If so whats it like, heard it is very interesting out there.......:thumb:

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » July 9th, 2009, 5:34 pm

4x4shrek wrote:

Have you heard of Idalia National Park, west of Blackall? If so whats it like, heard it is very interesting out there.......:thumb:
nah mate can't say i've heard of that Nat. Park. normally i've atleast heard the name of most places here in Qld, but that's a new one to me.

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 9th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Oh well, I might just have to venture out that way one day and have a look myself.:thumb:

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » July 9th, 2009, 8:42 pm

4x4shrek wrote:Oh well, I might just have to venture out that way one day and have a look myself.:thumb:
i was looking for info. on the place and didn't find alot. the EPA link has abit of info. which upon reading sounds like a nice spot for a visit.
Idalia National Park - EPA
it says it's impassable after rain out that way, i'd beleive it as we have been stuck in Yaraka (which is out near there) for a couple of days after some decent rainfall out there.

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » July 17th, 2009, 7:25 pm

Hi all...Just put the Motley stickers on the Patrol ready for the trip. Sorry the photos were taken in the dark.

[b]2004 GUIII 3.0TD PATROL WAGON WITH ALL THE GOOD TOURING GEAR.[/b]
[b][size=167]"THE MOTLEY CREW"[/size][/b]

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » July 17th, 2009, 7:27 pm

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » July 17th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Thanks for everything Burty. Came up good...

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 17th, 2009, 8:03 pm

so were is your trip going instead of the cape? mr mac

Boxxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxxy » July 17th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Mate,
Thats looks bloody awesome - the spare wheel cover is great
Well done Burty, that will look great in the photos of you know where

Cheers
Boxxy
[font=Times New Roman][size=167][url=http://www.themotleycrew.info]The Motley Crew[/url][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club of Australia Inc. is a family focused 4wd club started by members of the 4wd Action Forum[/font]

MR MAC GU
Avid Poster

Unread post by MR MAC GU » July 17th, 2009, 9:46 pm

4x4shrek wrote:so were is your trip going instead of the cape? mr mac

I am doing a trip with the 4wda magazine....We head to Mt Kosiosko (snow) the Flinders and Camerons Corner as a basic guide...All expenses paid, in the Mag etcetcetc.

This is why i am not going to the Cape.

Cheers

oops i let the cat out of the bag......

4x4shrek
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4shrek » July 19th, 2009, 6:43 pm

rumpig did you get your car fix after the run to gh. it can get a bit hard out there. i have bean out there a fear bit & some of the tracks can get petty hard. I have run a locker run at night out there. :drink:

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » July 19th, 2009, 7:33 pm

4x4shrek wrote:rumpig did you get your car fix after the run to gh. it can get a bit hard out there. i have bean out there a fear bit & some of the tracks can get petty hard. I have run a locker run at night out there. :drink:
nah mate not yet. i got the tyre put back on the rim (see the Shameless plug thread i've started in Clubhouse), but i've destroyed something in the front diff. she don't go anywhere with the front hubs locked. i'll try and get it to a mechanic this week and see what i broke, but for now it still goes with the hubs unlocked. i don't understand why it broke, at the time we weren't doing anything difficult. if i'd been giving it a hard time i'd understand, but it was easy going where it happened. wasn't so easy going getting it out with only 2wd though, when we couldn't tow it out any more i ended up winching for abit.
today was spent cleaning the mud off from underneath it so the mechanic can fix it without getting covered in crap.

Return to “Queensland”