The Motley Crew

low&slow
Been here a while

The Motley Crew

Unread post by low&slow » November 12th, 2008, 6:37 am

o.k burty,you said the name so i'll start the thread and you can drag your tail all you want...(there's mud in ya eye).:p i'm betting a no duds run around the camp fire that sc2 is the next to post on this thread,and lets hope, for everyone's sake:crazy: :crazy:
i'll post a trip up shortly,on a new thread
ok its a 123 what are you waiting for?????:waycool:

here we go,,here we go,,here we go(not again)

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » November 12th, 2008, 6:50 am

Guys this has been tried before and failed, this is a forum not a chat room, I will let it run but if it gets out of hand it will be deleted. So keep it clean follow the rules and remember not everyone will agree with you ;)
2014 FJ with a few mods

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » November 12th, 2008, 7:06 am

yes beat ya's all,,,,,oops,,,hi my name is sc2 whats doing l&s,,,,

ok ok looks like its duds down,,,,no photo's bj,,,no photo's

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » November 12th, 2008, 7:10 am

boof wrote:Guys this has been tried before and failed, this is a forum not a chat room, I will let it run but if it gets out of hand it will be deleted. So keep it clean follow the rules and remember not everyone will agree with you ;)
everyones welcome to join in mate;)

Boxxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxxy » November 12th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Hey Burty
Are we getting a name for our group/ If we do maybe that way we can have our own thread in Forum meet ups like the Toowoomba mob and not cause hassles for these moderators (can't really see the problem myself but oh well!)
How about the Piston Broke chapter?

BOXHED
[font=Times New Roman][size=167][url=http://www.themotleycrew.info]The Motley Crew[/url][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club of Australia Inc. is a family focused 4wd club started by members of the 4wd Action Forum[/font]

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » November 12th, 2008, 5:36 pm

low&slow wrote: i'm betting a no duds run around the camp fire that sc2 is the next to post on this thread,and lets hope, for everyone's sake:crazy: :crazy:
don't think you won't be reminded of this when the time comes. LOL.
i can hear you now as you run around the fire, dam you boof, bloody 2nd to post, what happened to sc2 when i counted on him most.

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » November 13th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Hey guys, :o

just found the thread.
92 NH Pajero. 3L V6 petrol auto. Maxxis Bighorn muddies on Infinity rims. GME TX4600 UHF. [b][i]Factory rear locker[/i][/b]. GU standard rear coils, Ironman foam-cell shocks front & rear, torsion bars wound up 2". [b][i]TJM [/i][/b]steel bar. [b][i]Tigerz11 winch.[/i][/b] Now, just [b]lovin' livin' the freedom!![/b] Happy trails. :thumb:

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » November 13th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Ah rats,

just hit the mouse by accident and posted that last one unfinished, sorry all.

Ok, so is this the place we're going to discuss possible MC trips now? (I got lost reading through all the mis-comunications.)

I lost track, we come here to put up ideas for MC trips, then link to a thread for that trip if it's agreed to create the trip; is that right? Or is this intended as a trip banter thread - or is that not supposed to happen? Sorry guys, I just don't get the exact idea to this thread.

Oh and L&S, sorry to here about your run...:D pfft, you nong. ;)
92 NH Pajero. 3L V6 petrol auto. Maxxis Bighorn muddies on Infinity rims. GME TX4600 UHF. [b][i]Factory rear locker[/i][/b]. GU standard rear coils, Ironman foam-cell shocks front & rear, torsion bars wound up 2". [b][i]TJM [/i][/b]steel bar. [b][i]Tigerz11 winch.[/i][/b] Now, just [b]lovin' livin' the freedom!![/b] Happy trails. :thumb:

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » November 13th, 2008, 6:27 pm

sc2 this was supossed to be a bit of a trip discussion/ideas/timing thread,but u know me i allways like to get things going with a little bit of a laugh first,,,
well needless to say that backfired dramaticly.mate keep an eye out here and i'm going to post a couple of ideas on spots up near stu's area tonight and see what everyone thinks,it might just be a small weekend trip just before x-mas or it may turn into a week long x-mas trip,not sure yet have to try and get timing right for everyone.

cheers, craig:thumb:

-BURTY-
Part of the furniture

Unread post by -BURTY- » November 13th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Th idea is. you subscribe to this one and if you have an idea you post up saying " I've just made a new thread" and link to it. That way the various trips are there for new people to discover and the Meeting place isn't cluttered with references to 10 thousand different topics. Think of like a UHF calling channel, make contact then move to a new channel.

Get it?
[align=center][size=167][size=84][color=#000000][b]Roads........?[/b][/color][/size][/SIZE][/align]
[align=center][size=167][size=84][color=#000000][b]Where we're going we don't need roads?[/b][/color][/size][/SIZE] [font=Arial Black][color=black]

-BURTY-
Part of the furniture

Unread post by -BURTY- » November 13th, 2008, 6:44 pm

I will be away for 3 weeks from boxing day so count me out of any trips after xmas. might squeeze one in before but not a long one for me. Maybe a Bigriggen weekend or something. I've got some mods to make to my camper so I will need to test them out.

Burty
[align=center][size=167][size=84][color=#000000][b]Roads........?[/b][/color][/size][/SIZE][/align]
[align=center][size=167][size=84][color=#000000][b]Where we're going we don't need roads?[/b][/color][/size][/SIZE] [font=Arial Black][color=black]

Boxxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxxy » November 13th, 2008, 6:52 pm

burtbunch wrote:I will be away for 3 weeks from boxing day so count me out of any trips after xmas. might squeeze one in before but not a long one for me. Maybe a Bigriggen weekend or something. I've got some mods to make to my camper so I will need to test them out.

Burty

Anyone interested in doing Levuka or Biggriggen on the second weekend of December
I should have my Camper by then and would be really itching to try it out

Regards
BOXHED
[font=Times New Roman][size=167][url=http://www.themotleycrew.info]The Motley Crew[/url][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club of Australia Inc. is a family focused 4wd club started by members of the 4wd Action Forum[/font]

SJC XJ
Need to get out more

Unread post by SJC XJ » November 13th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Boxhed wrote:Anyone interested in doing Levuka or Biggriggen on the second weekend of December
I should have my Camper by then and would be really itching to try it out

Regards
BOXHED

I may be interested, Levuka is a nice place to camp and 4wd the owners are great...have been there once back in 2000 but things may have changes since, so yea I'm intersted Boxhead and just want to say good luck with the thread its a great idea...............Sjc :truck: me and my ute !!!!
Just love getting out there....

low&slow
Been here a while

Unread post by low&slow » November 13th, 2008, 7:43 pm

if you're looking at levuka i'm keen for the 13th & 14th of december.not sure how much they charge but i know roverpark is just around the corner from there and they charge $30 a day to drive tracks & $5 a day to camp,well thats what they were charging last x-mas,but because i've been there i know that it would be a perfect spot for everyone,they even have a waterslide for the kids,and tracks are good you would love this place boxy it would teach you alot about hill climbing on easy tracks and then even some medium tracks to.i had a ball there and learnt alot of good driving skills,but lets see what others think afterall its along way for stu to go and thats why i was sort of looking for maybe a good spot up his neck of the woods,,,time will tell

Boxxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Boxxy » November 13th, 2008, 7:54 pm

low&slow wrote:if you're looking at levuka i'm keen for the 13th & 14th of december.not sure how much they charge but i know roverpark is just around the corner from there and they charge $30 a day to drive tracks & $5 a day to camp,well thats what they were charging last x-mas,but because i've been there i know that it would be a perfect spot for everyone,they even have a waterslide for the kids,and tracks are good you would love this place boxy it would teach you alot about hill climbing on easy tracks and then even some medium tracks to.i had a ball there and learnt alot of good driving skills,but lets see what others think afterall its along way for stu to go and thats why i was sort of looking for maybe a good spot up his neck of the woods,,,time will tell

No worries I will send BJ a Pm and see what he says tomorrow and take it from there

Craig I sent you PM

Cheers
BOXHED

Return to “Queensland”