Fraser Cleanup 1,2,3 June 2013

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Fraser Cleanup 1,2,3 June 2013

Unread post by TroopiePete » March 14th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Hi

Just a heads up on the next Fraser Cleanup - as with the title it's on the 1st ,2nd & 3rd of June 2013
Our Club - The River City 4WD Club will be attending and will many others from around the area.
If you wish to both take advantage of a very low cost way of seeing Fraser plus a chance to help clean up a small portion of the Island then why not contact a local 4x4 club and see if you can join in..
But remember to attend the event you have to be a Financial member of an affiliated 4WD Club of Four Wheel Drive Queensland Association.

Some details are still being finalised but going on past years you get;
Reduced Fair on the Barge, often 50% - current Price is $100 so that would be $50 for the weekend,
Free Camping and Free driving on the island,
On the day of the cleanup we also get a free Dinner with a live band, raffle prizes and some giveaways.

What you are expected to Provide;
Food for you on all but the cleanup night,
Drinks for you for all days,
Recovery gear for your car,
Working UHF Radio,
Club membership,
You are required to camp in the area designated for your club,
You are required to assist in cleaning up the area designated for you club (But this usually only takes a few hours)

As I said if you are interested please drop me or one of the local clubs a line.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Re: Fraser Cleanup 1,2,3 June 2013

Unread post by TroopiePete » May 14th, 2014, 1:39 am

This is a small bump..
I posted this for last years cleanup and yes it's about to happen all over again!
when you may ask - 23-24-25-26th of May.. few weeks time!
More info at - http://rivercity4wdclub.net/showthread.php?tid=393
Why am I posting this?
Well each year we get members to show interest and then book the numbers as it is a closed event.. well as per usual a few pull out leaving us both short of people and with extra places..
Well this year is no stranger to this and we just happen to have room for two more vehicles!
The only draw back is you need to be a financial member of our club.. but this can be sorted really easy if you decide to attend..

SO if you are interested and would like to join in on the fun and adventure that Fraser has to offer please drop me a line either via our forum or direct email - prichens@iinet.net.au ..
DO NOT rely on a PM or reply on this forum as I am STILL not getting emails to alert me of replies or PM's
Seems this issue is in the too hard basket.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 14th, 2014, 11:49 am

Not too hard Pete, just bloody tenacious!! Every time they think they've got it sorted & working properly it lasts maybe a day before it comes back again!! :irked:

Hope you get the extra's for the clean-up - Good on you all for doing it, again.... and looking forwards to the trip report (again!) ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » June 27th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Hi Pete

Yep as you may have noticed I am not very active on this forum any more..
Partly because of the crap that goes on here unchecked by admins or rather admins deleting posts without giving cause!
But mostly because of the fact that I do not get any emails alerting me that anyone has responded to my posts so I don't know until visiting that someone has responded!
Oh and lastly the number of times I have tried to log in but it has timed out or given a broken link response if just getting crazy!

The Cleanup went well we had good weather and the event in general went quite well, we did have one new member attend but they joined prior to the event so it was more of a welcome to our club then getting them in because of the event.

At this stage my main focus is on our Cape york trip for this year that happens in just over 2 weeks time :-)
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115

Return to “Queensland”