Clubs around Brisbane?

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Clubs around Brisbane?

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 10th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, still kinda new, if it's in the wrong area just yell at me :P

Anyway, I was just wondering, I'm from Brisbane. I'm 21 and just looking to meet like minded people in my age group (18-25) around the Brisbane area.

Any advice? Anyone want to chat?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Clubs around Brisbane?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 11th, 2013, 1:16 pm

All of these threads have 'Brisbane' in their first post or title, so some of them may help! ;)

search.php?keywords=Brisbane+&terms=all ... mit=Search

You may need to copy the whole address and paste it into your browser, and then do some reading~~ :)

And don't be afraid of trying out a Club or two - it's not YOU who needs to bust a gut to fit in with them; if you don't feel comfortable or they don't make you feel welcome enough, there is almost certainly going to be another one out there that will, so give a few a try & only persist if you feel it's worth it with that particular mob! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 11th, 2013, 3:29 pm

G'day fella! Same boat as you, wanted to join a club or group. Mate, get onto Dirty Down Under 4x4 on facebook. Great bunch of people, based in brisbane, and there's normally someone doing something most weekends. Or put it out there and you'll get company.

I'm 24, and they have a whole range of ages from all over the South East. Where you from?
So many weekends, so many tracks...so little fuel!

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 11th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Thanks Peter - Haha 650 pages, I'm going to be busy :P

4xFourex, I'm from the West side of Brisbane. Thanks for the tip, I'll check out their facebook :) Are you on their mate? Did you have any luck meeting some new mates?

Was trying to have a look around here (even posted it in my intro) but still no luck haha

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 12th, 2013, 8:49 am

Yeah mate, I'm on it. Met some good people, made a few mates. None of my mates have 4wd's, so I had to find something, and DDU worked out well. It's a closed group, so it can take a few days to get approved, but well worth it.

I'm in Forest Lake man, pop over for a coldie some time :drink:

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » March 12th, 2013, 9:31 am

Talk to Troopypete on here. HE runs the rivercity 4x4 club and are very active. We also have SHED NIGHTS for members to come down, work on your cars, talk crap and have a quiet rum or 2 in Moorooka. I have a hoist, tools, welders, benders etc so there isnt much we can't do.

The other thing im very involved with is Rovers. These are older scouts (18-26) and they do everything from absailing, canoeing, camping, and lots more fun stuff. My Group is based in Coorparoo but we have Rover crews all over Australia so can refer you to closer ones if needed.

http://www.qldrovers.org.au

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 12th, 2013, 1:05 pm

BT-5091 wrote:Thanks Peter - Haha 650 pages, I'm going to be busy :P

Shouldn't be that many, it should only bring back 8 threads, less than one page! Did you copy the whole address line (not just the blue bit) into your browser addr bar & enter?

If that doesn't work or if it still gives you 650 pages, all you need to do is go to Advanced Ssearch, (any other search results page should have 'return to advanced search' up the top left of the screen) type 'Brisbane' in the keywords field, select/highlight 'Queensland' in the Clubs & Groups 'search in Forums' section, then tick the 'search within' - 'first posts of topics only', select 'display results as' = 'Topics' and hit search. 8 threads all on Brisbane Clubs inc Troopie Pete's. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

CrankHead
Here and there

Unread post by CrankHead » March 12th, 2013, 2:05 pm

I would also like to join in.. none of my mates have a 4wd, unless I help them steal it :)
so looking forward to meet u guys someday...

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 12th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Just an idea fella's, maybe we should organize a meet and great for after Easter sometime, give everyone at least a months notice, head out to a 4wd park for the day/weekend.
Let all the new faces get to know each other. Obviously invite all the clubs in Brisbane, but maybe have an official representative from each club.

Just an idea, but I'd be more than happy to make a few phone calls and see if we can organise something fun

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 12th, 2013, 3:46 pm

@ Peter Aawen - I did highlight it but It gives me a page not found error

@ 4xFourex, sounds like a possible Idea, maybe make a meet up at Glasshouse? That's a favourite spot :) You don't want anytime too big though like over 100 rigs haha, that would seem a bit daunting for a newbie

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Hahaha yeah, may be a bit too big. If that many people turned up I think it would just turn into a pub run, no space left on the tracks.
I'll have a chat around, see what people think

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » March 12th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for the Plug Voodoo,
It never hurts to post up a trip and a meeting point on this forum, there are a heap of people in the Brisbane area on this forum and it seems many of them are within the age group you are speaking of.
As for a club with the age group you are speaking of well I guess it's one of those things, get a few mates to join or advertise the fact that a club has a few members in this age bracket and more will join..
Our club has a wide mix of ages from people like myself who like to think we are young to others that are, we have young families, young couples starting families and Grandparents, I fit somewhere between all of those :redface:

You and your mates are more than welcome to visit our club for that matter any of the clubs around the area, some are huge and will no doubt have many members in your age bracket, others like ours is small and while we do have several younger members it's not the norm.
The next thing I guess is the type of trips you are looking at doing, our club tends to take it easy with many of us having vehicles we don't want to damage, there are those that will try the harder stuff and sometimes this becomes expensive :irked:
There are clubs that almost only do hard stuff and get involved in the comps and often have the attitude that if you don't damage something you have not been trying! - we are not one of those clubs :petrified:
I would suggest forums like outerlimits would be a place to start if you are after this type of carnage.

If you are interested in meeting our members the next meeting is this Wednesday night the 13th @ 7:30pm
Location: 90 Muriel Avenue Moorooka - it's held in the Four wheel Drive Queensland Hall.
We will also be manning the FWD QLD stand at the National 4x4 show this Friday and I will be wandering around the stalls Saturday.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

CrankHead
Here and there

Unread post by CrankHead » March 12th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Hi Troopie,
thanks for the nice write up about your club... Are u guys ok for non members to just rock up on club meeting days ?
if thats ok, I might come over to say gdday......

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » March 13th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Yep no problem with anyone just rocking up for either a meeting or an outing..

Usual requirements for joining a trip, radio, recovery gear.. road worthy.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 14th, 2013, 4:30 pm

4xFourex wrote:Just an idea fella's, maybe we should organize a meet and great for after Easter sometime, give everyone at least a months notice, head out to a 4wd park for the day/weekend.
Let all the new faces get to know each other. Obviously invite all the clubs in Brisbane, but maybe have an official representative from each club.

Just an idea, but I'd be more than happy to make a few phone calls and see if we can organise something fun
Maybe put something in the Forum Meet ups?

Maybe Under 25's? :P

No offense to the older users :ooh:

Return to “Queensland”