Clubs around Brisbane?

4xFourex
Been here a while

Re: Clubs around Brisbane?

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 14th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Haha old blokes are alright. i wanna be one when I grow up :P

Sounds like a good idea though. I know I've met a few people around my age, guys and girls, who would've loved it when they first got into 4x4ing. Hell, I still would!
So many weekends, so many tracks...so little fuel!

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » March 14th, 2013, 6:00 pm

I waz frothin thinkin this'll be sick to attend but seein it's for the young crew and me being fitty I'll have to just sit it out on the couch with a homebrew chillaxin and watch 4wd action vids on the tube :drink: :waycool:

I heard if you haven't grown up by the time ya turn fitty ya aint don't gotta :D

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » March 14th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Nothing wrong with old guys - I am still just a big kid :-)
I am told the first 50 years of childhood are the hardest, guess I will find out later this year..
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 15th, 2013, 8:39 am

Hahaha Dree, who else is gonna spend 3 hours trying to get me out the middle of a creek narrow enough to jump over?
That homebrew does sound good though. only downside to driving I've found, can't drink. Oh, and the money side of it (but we keep that a secret).

Pete, I reckon if you've made it this far, you should have it down pretty pat by now. Then you can let it all go again :D

In seriousness, yeah, a new person meet up would be nice, and it would be great to meet a few blokes our age. But not limiting it by age would be great, just so much more chance to meet good people!

The Black Mistress - 1974 Bitsa Landruiser fj45 ute: Holden 253 V8, Toyota 60s axles front and back, Mazda seats, Mistubishi seat belts, Ford thermo fans (almost installed). more to come...

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 15th, 2013, 11:24 am

I didn't mean it to sound like limiting age because their "OLD" LOL NO! :ooh:

I just meant, would they really want to spend 3hrs+ with P platers ands "kids" half their age... :)

4xFourex
Been here a while

Unread post by 4xFourex » March 15th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Yeah mate, I reckon they would. Coz at the end of the day, we're all just kids wanting to go play outside in the dirt :rolleyes:

But I get what you mean.

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » March 15th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Too true Fourex, my 24 yr old offsider liked the way my jac sat and asked to have a look at our local track, I said it's been closed but opened at the same time :confused: we went to have a looksie with my 11 yr boy , then drove in and found heaps of tracks that within 1/2 hr we were letting down the tyres, lost and driving in all kinds of steep rutted tracks for a further 2 hr's , just havin fun :D

a very muddy jac now but we all had a great time, I don't mind young un's , I was young once too, :thumb:

Motorm4x891
Here and there

Unread post by Motorm4x891 » March 29th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Dree Mon wrote:Too true Fourex, my 24 yr old offsider liked the way my jac sat and asked to have a look at our local track, I said it's been closed but opened at the same time :confused: we went to have a looksie with my 11 yr boy , then drove in and found heaps of tracks that within 1/2 hr we were letting down the tyres, lost and driving in all kinds of steep rutted tracks for a further 2 hr's , just havin fun :D

a very muddy jac now but we all had a great time, I don't mind young un's , I was young once too, :thumb:
Where were these mate?

Dree Mon
Avid Poster

Unread post by Dree Mon » March 30th, 2013, 9:08 am

pm sent

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » April 5th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Yep no offense taken on the age thing, I think I was young once, just can't remember - LOL
Must admit that I am getting to the stage of not wanting to do the rough stuff anymore and more interested in checking out the sites or sitting back enjoying a good chat with a few mates or new friends..
just what we did last time I went up to Janowen Hills, played around in the morning checked out a few tracks but gave the hard stuff a miss, then after lunch just sat around while the other guys went out to play.. worked for me.
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

Dannyb
Here and there

Unread post by Dannyb » December 24th, 2017, 8:53 am

Hi All,

Me and the missus have just moved to Brisbane and we are looking to join a 4wd club. I didn't want to open a new post but just wondering if anyone could recommend a club that fits our bill. We are in our late 20's early 30's and like to go to places to camp and tour. Not really into the rough stuff. The main reason I have got my 4wd is to go to see the nice places. Into long distance touring as well.

We are looking for a club that caters for couples/ families and not so much just single blokes getting on the piss every night they camp (no offence I was the same at some stage, but things change in life). I obviously do like to have a few and chat around the campfire.

Return to “Queensland”