Any 4x4 Clubs Near Kurri Kurri?

dan1982
I'm new, be nice!

Any 4x4 Clubs Near Kurri Kurri?

Unread post by dan1982 » November 6th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Hey
Just looking for an active club near the kurri area, i own a GQ and would like to get involved with a club that reguarly meet and conduct meetings and so on, any help would be apreciated.

cheers dan

dudelux
Part of the furniture

Re: Any 4x4 Clubs Near Kurri Kurri?

Unread post by dudelux » November 12th, 2012, 10:11 am

All Aussie 4x4 Club, is based in that area.
Good bunch of people, and regularly get out in the bush.

They have a website, a forum, and a FB page.

dan1982
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dan1982 » November 12th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Cheers dudelux, i'm actually part of the forum but it seems dormant at the moment and i was looking for somthing local that has a general membes meeting and outing's every now and then and so far the Raymond Terrace and Newcastle Land Rover 4x4 Clubs seems to offer that at the moment............... any advice?

Trojan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Trojan » November 17th, 2012, 5:32 am

dan1982 wrote: somthing local that has a general membes meeting and outing's every now and then and so far the Raymond Terrace and Newcastle Land Rover 4x4 Clubs seems to offer that at the moment............... any advice?
If you're after a geniune club, get yourself onto http://www.4wdnow.com, It's the associations website and you'll find all clubs in the Hunter area. Although seemed to be having a few website issues lately.

I myself am part of Gold Eagle 4x4 Club, we are somewhat local, with meetings at Beresfield Bowling Club, the last Wednesday of the month at 7:30. This month will be our last general meeting for the year. We have quite a few members past and present from Kurri, even myself grew up in Kurri.

http://www.goldeagle4x4club.com

Admittedly the trip planning around this time of year looks a little dead, mostly due to everyone having various commitments coming up to Christmas. Not to say trips don't get run, as always an impromptu trip will get thrown out there by someone at the last minute. I'd say on average, something happens at least once a fortnight. You can look back thorugh our Flight Schedule Calendar and see what we have been doing all year, most trips are on there, but again, the last minute ones aren't.

Member range in age, family status and such, so there's a big mix of people, and by your username, plenty of similar age also.

But your best bet is to really is to check out the association website, list out the clubs you think might suit you. Get in touch with them, turn up to meetings and trips and make a judgement call for yourself. There really isn't any bad clubs around the Hunter Region, they all offer something a little different with what they do and the people in them, amongst all the similarities. Just need to find the one that best suits you.

dan1982
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dan1982 » November 23rd, 2012, 9:19 am

Thank's Trojan,
this is all the info i needed.

Return to “New South Wales”