I bought her for $7000 off a guy that had set it up to tow a caravan, but unfortunately the 22R couldn't handle the weight. It is a petrol and I would've preferred one with a 3L, but the motor was rebuilt 70,000 ago and it was one of the cleanest rigs I looked at for the price. The guy really babied and looked after it.
- Hella spotties (don't know which model)
- Flexiglass Challenge tray & canopy
- 31x10.5 Bridgestone Desert Duelers
- 2" OzTec suspension lift
- OzTec steering damper
- Rear airbags
- 2.5" custom exhaust (and possibly extractors)
- 80 channel Oricom UHF
The rear diff was also rebuilt about 20,000 ago from memory and the chassis and driveline is pretty immaculate for it's age. Inside the cab has been carpeted over the original vinyl and has had new speakers and a headunit installed.
My plans are to keep it pretty much the same and set it up as a tourer. Future mods I plan to do are:
- 3L or 1UZ engine swap
- 3" EFS Comfort Ride suspension lift
- RUF and IFS rear leafs
- 33x12.5 muddies
- Roof basket (on canopy racks)
- High steer conversion
- Rear disc brake conversion
- Comp style bullbar (possibly Raslarr or XROX)
- Dual battery setup
- Diff breathers
- LED light bar (for roof basket)
I took it out to the Glasshouse tracks and gave it a bit of a bash, and it performed a lot better than my previous IFS Hilux, so I'm very happy with it.
Anyways, thanks for reading. I'll keep posting as I upgrade bits and pieces and hopefully I can get some other ideas and help from the people on here