d21 nissan navara slow build

portsiespullen
Getting to know the place

d21 nissan navara slow build

Unread post by portsiespullen » October 4th, 2015, 10:01 pm

i bought myself a 1992 nissan navara d21 yesterday, needs some stuff doing to it but a in my opinion a good rig for what i paid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TYNO87
I'm new, be nice!

Re: d21 nissan navara slow build

Unread post by TYNO87 » October 11th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Nice rig mate. What have you got planned for it?

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » November 4th, 2015, 9:41 am

I want to get some 170 light forces, a 40"+ light bar to put across headboard, interior lighting in the canopy and some how achieve more flex but am a bit confused on how to do that with ifs. and if anyone knows where to get a recovery hook/loop for the front could you let me know.

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » November 4th, 2015, 10:07 am

a mate gave me some of his old work lights, they needed a clean but I wasn't complaining. he helped me hook them up last week
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » November 4th, 2015, 10:58 am

after running over a screw on the bald A/Ts that came with the ute I decided I would find my self some new tryes and wheels, I found some yokohama M/Ts at a car boot sale down the road from my house for a very reasonable price

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 4th, 2015, 11:12 am

Looks like a good buy!! :thumb:

Altho that extra width & larger tyre dia may badly impact on your fuel economy, low down torque & gearing, reduce your vehicle's braking ability, and could even push your speedo from reading over the 'correct' speed right past accurate & into the realms of reading somewhat slower than reality - so keep an eye on things & drive carefully until you know that you aren't gonna get sprung badly by any or all of those!! But if the engine/gearing can drive the bigger tyres usefully, you'll almost certainly appreciate the extra clearance under the diffs & the better grip they'll give you!! They do have one of the more effective 'up-market' (& directional) tread patterns around & if they are less than a couple of years old, the softer compound they are made of helps them 'stick' like the proverbial on a blanket!! ;)

I can see the bug has bitten you hard already; you know modding these things can be an incurable disease?! :p
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » November 4th, 2015, 11:20 am

hi peter I got the wheels a couple weeks ago but only just updated, I did a glass house trip last weekend and have learnt that the tyres are more suited to the ute, the old tyres put the speedo out about 7 or so ks and now its only 1 out so I am loving them they are much better than the old ones by a long way, and thankyou for commenting on the thread good to see people interested.

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » November 8th, 2015, 10:45 pm

if anyone owns one of these could you please tell me how your goes on the highway and what rpms it sits on and if it gets hot or not im just curious on other peoples highway driving and what not

Mattress01
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Mattress01 » November 14th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Hey mate,
My D21 is a 2.7 diesel and sits at 3000rpm at 100kph. Chews a bit of fuel so I back down to 90kph which sits at 2700rpm. Around town it sits at around 2200rpm. Never gets hot except on a long hill climb but backing of the throttle helps cool it down. I found that I miss cruise control and acceleration but that's just trivial issues. Good car to build on and parts are reasonably priced just try your local classifieds before the wreckers.
Cheers Mat

Mattress01
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Mattress01 » November 15th, 2015, 8:58 pm

My mate has a 2.4 petrol, and has similar revs to the 2.7 Diesel, at 110kph he is at 3000rpm and around town 2000rpm he has heat issues only under working loads nothing on day to day use. Hope this helps

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » January 16th, 2016, 11:27 am

i havent posted in a while for a few reason mostly because there was nothing to post but late last year my hubs decided they didnt want to work anymore so i have not been out 4 wheelin since then but i have now fixed that problem and will be heading out to glasshouse tomorrow

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » January 16th, 2016, 11:46 am

i have also treated the nav to a few accessories

portsiespullen

Unread post by portsiespullen » January 16th, 2016, 11:49 am

a friend gave me another 2 spotties

nikko mercado
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by nikko mercado » January 23rd, 2016, 5:57 pm

does your d21 came with td27 engine?

Return to “Utes”