1985 Ln 65 d/c Hunting Truck W/ build up pics

gutless
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 1985 Ln 65 d/c Hunting Truck W/ build up pics

Unread post by gutless » January 12th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Hey mate, just a heads up (same thing happened to me when i turboed the 2.4) that manifold wont fit... u will need a custom jobbie or google ATX and check out their stuff. the stud pattern is meant for the 2L-T. But u can fit it to the 3L, have heard of using a 3L head on the 2L???
cheers
Happy as a pig in mud

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » January 14th, 2015, 5:07 am

gutless wrote:Hey mate, just a heads up (same thing happened to me when i turboed the 2.4) that manifold wont fit... u will need a custom jobbie or google ATX and check out their stuff. the stud pattern is meant for the 2L-T. But u can fit it to the 3L, have heard of using a 3L head on the 2L???
cheers
Hey gutless...

Thanks for the heads ups... I bought that manifold of a dude that had a 3l it was the wrong one for him.. It's stamped 2lt on the side. I'm told worst case I'll just have to invert the stud pattern to suit.. I'll find out soon enough when the exhaust gets ripped off..

Thanks for a heads up anyway
Not to have a crack is un-australian... I fluke ***** daily!!!

gutless
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by gutless » January 22nd, 2015, 9:59 pm

the 3l u can invert the stud pattern but u cant on the 2l
Happy as a pig in mud

runsonrum
Been here a while

Unread post by runsonrum » January 23rd, 2015, 9:11 am

Don't quote me on this as i'm not 100% sure if in fact it will fit the 2L, but when I bought all the gear to turbo my LN106, the manifold I first bought was off an early 2L-T, and found that it would not fit as the stud spacing was narrower than on the 3L head so there was no way it was going to fit. Now this is only a guess, but this manifold may fit the 2L providing the stud pattern is the same. The early 2L-T manifold has a circular hole where the turbo mounts to the manifold whereas the 2L-TE one that fits the 3L has a square hole

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » February 14th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Works been pretty busy these days so really haven't had to much spare time for the pig rig... Decided I'm going black interior with a little suede bits thrown in here and there.. Gave the seats a blast today with vinyl spray..

image.jpg

image.jpg

It will be good to get the rest of the doors and panels hung again to lock up stage as putting on and taking off a 18ft tarp each time gets old real quick...

Also bought the steel today for the tray.. I've gone 100x50x2mm far big enough for something that will ever only lug dogs, camping gear and the odd bits and pieces..

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » February 18th, 2015, 4:53 pm

After getting a letter from the rta saying my rego is due in 20 odd days I've decided too pull my finger out and try and get the hilux passed and rego'd. This turned up today which has spurred me on a little.. I've even dropped hints to the boss about the odd flexi day that may come up
image.jpg
It's a knock off from ebay that cost me 65 bills...Actually the missus paid for it for v day... The bloke reckons he has factory seconds and replicas.. Looks good feels good... I'd say a second...65 bucks I'm happy to give it a flogging since there 299.00 on special some times..,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » February 25th, 2015, 10:47 am

Made a start today on the tray...took a bit of giggling about to get the right height and clearance for the dog box and under tray draw to fit.. Should have it completed this weekend..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hopefully it will make it for rego time on the 17th of march

PatrickB
Here and there

Unread post by PatrickB » February 26th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Good luck with getting it all ready in time mate.

theslothman
Getting to know the place

Unread post by theslothman » February 26th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Sub'd. Keen to see how you set up the tray.

Sweet job all round too. Thumbs up bloke.

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » February 27th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Thanks Patrick for the kind words... Don't think I will but work is pretty busy!!! We"ll see.. How's your hilux going buddy? Anything new?

Cheers ben

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » February 27th, 2015, 2:43 pm

theslothman wrote:Sub'd. Keen to see how you set up the tray.

Thanks sloth...

You got a hunting truck to mate? I don't mind looking on these forums for the odd idea that will cross over to my needs

PatrickB
Here and there

Unread post by PatrickB » February 27th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Hey Ben,

Not a lot happening on my rig at the moment. Same as you - work all the time. Have a hunting trip with a few mates coming up in april so am trying to get a few things done before then. I'll chuck some updates up then.

regards,
Patrick

theslothman
Getting to know the place

Unread post by theslothman » February 27th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Ln65 pig rig wrote:
theslothman wrote:Sub'd. Keen to see how you set up the tray.

Thanks sloth...

You got a hunting truck to mate? I don't mind looking on these forums for the odd idea that will cross over to my needs

I do mate But shes pretty standard. Ra Rodeo. Only real mod bar lights, wheels and bullbar type stuff is some foam over the roll bar and removable big iron rifle rests out the windows. I pinched an old computer chair and pulled off the wheels and sit it on the back to shoot from but its not fixed in and an OH&S nightmare ha ha.
Im thinking about a different tray set up with a cage for fridge or dog but need to work out how not to compromise the seated shooting position. I dont sit up on the tray much down here in the snowies but when on my uncles place near Bourke or Dads around coolamon its the best spot to shoot from on flat country.
Im keeping an eye out for an old hiab or similar too.
Tonnes of ideas mate but no real direction.

Ive seen a couple of good set ups on a hunting forum "AHN". Get on and have a squiz.

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » March 29th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Had some spare time over the weekend to throw a few hours at the hunting rig...
image.jpg

Ln65 pig rig
Here and there

Unread post by Ln65 pig rig » May 24th, 2015, 9:05 am

Slipped away from a bit of O.T sat work yesterday and grabbed my new rubber for the pig rig.. Went for Mtz's 33 12.5 15's on new kings 15x8's -23 backspace... Fit like a glove.. Maybe a little tight in some areas so the knockometer and grinder may make an appearance today

Return to “Utes”