My Cape Dual Cab Cruiser!

vxcruiser08
Here and there

Re: My Cape Dual Cab Cruiser!

Unread post by vxcruiser08 » November 3rd, 2014, 1:48 pm

Love the ute Matt. Good on your missus for giving everything a go on the DVD too, what a champion.

How's the 35's coming along :D

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » November 7th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Cheers mate, haven't put on the 35's yet. put the idea on hold until I got 16x8 rims which are going on next Thursday. Then I'll look back into the bigger shoes. Would love to put them on though. Just got to give it time so the minister doesn't crack the poops with spending so much coin on the car haha!
Living the dream, living the dream!

Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » November 8th, 2014, 12:18 am

Looks bloody good mate

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » November 16th, 2014, 7:47 am

I thought I'd try changing the offset in the rear rims to fix that rear tracking issue. I've heard mixed things about this like "who cares, it's not an issue" or "only effects you on the sand". As someone who is regurarly driving in the sand and off road I was definitely keen to see what options I had. So I went black steelies all round with the 16x8 -55 in the rear and 0 in the front. Took about 13 weeks to track down the rims but the look pretty neat.

Haven't truly tested them yet. Some things I have noticed is that they really expose those rear breaks, they also make the 33's look like baby tyres in the rear, not sure why.

Cheers

vxcruiser08
Here and there

Unread post by vxcruiser08 » November 17th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Nice one mate, interesting comment re the tyres looking smaller as i've noticed this with people putting on the black steel wheels. Deceiving for some reason. Interested to hear how she handles off road. What about on the road so far?

B Thompson
Getting to know the place

Unread post by B Thompson » November 18th, 2014, 12:49 pm

Nice truck mate
Is the oil sensor bash plate a genuine tjm unit. I called my local tjm dealer in Brisbane to order one but they didn't seem to know anything about them. Which tjm did you source yours from

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » November 18th, 2014, 6:24 pm

This things a sweet 4WD. The DVD was awesome too; well done getting onto it. Your missus did well.

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » November 18th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Vxcruiser08 it feels a lot more stabil in the rear but I've only done the 820kms from cairns the weipa. B Thompson I got mine from TJM cairns. The boys there are onto it so they'll know what you're on about. Cheers Aaron Schubert she did well, was a good watch!

vxcruiser08
Here and there

Unread post by vxcruiser08 » January 2nd, 2015, 9:30 pm

Matt, just watched the cape york DVD again for the 5th time. Love the sound of your cruiser. What setup is the exhaust, i noticed you said 3" straight through, is that with a cat and then straight pipe?

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » June 8th, 2015, 5:52 pm

It's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I'd give an update on where our rigs at at the moment. About 4 months ago our weaco was pinched off the back of the ute when we were down in Cairns so we decided that we would look into a quarter canopy for the back of the ute.

Now there was only one real option for us and that was to go see our good mate Isaac from Norweld Aluminium in Cairns. They've got a fair few builds up on display in Weipa and they know how to handle the conditions of the roads! So the plan was to get a canopy and still allow enough room for the quad to fit. After pulling out the tape measure there's not much room left on the dual cab trays once the quads on but oh well we'll make it work!

Pretty well it was made with a divider straight down the middle, with a shelf at the top of the right hand side. It was shipped up to us in Weipa and I got a mate to wire up the canopy with another 105AH battery, 600w inverter, internal lights, reversing lights controlled from inside the car and heaps of CIG outlets. It also has an Anderson plug on the back so the whole box can be lifted off and an iron man awning because they have the built in LED lights.

We've also installed an ironman awning of the side of the car too. Slowly starting to take shape the old girl!

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » June 8th, 2015, 8:10 pm

And just because I can I thought I'd throw up some action shots of the ute fully loaded with canopy, 2 quads and trailer! Telly track over Easter 2015!

Cheers.

ian.gonzo
Here and there

Unread post by ian.gonzo » June 9th, 2015, 9:53 am

Last one too deep for this black duck

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » July 4th, 2015, 12:50 pm

New addition to the family is this sweet maxtrax holder from Norweld Aluminium in Cairns, looks the goods mounted on top of the canopy and is lockable to keep those with super sticky fingers at bay!

As always appears to be a great product from those guys, built strong and incredibly affordable for those of us who aren't too handy with the welder.

Cheers

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 15th, 2015, 7:27 pm

So I had the clutch slip on me whilst driving home from camping so I thought I was time to upgrade the clutch. Now in the interest of saving a penny or 2 I got fellow forum member Crankycruiser to hook me up with whatever he can get a good deal on. I ended up with a 4terrain HD clutch supplied by NQ crash in Cairns. Now Ray has them in both his 80's and has had no issues but doing some reading up on ive discovered that they are a hit and miss clutch with people sharing polar opposite experiences so only time will tell.

So once I learned the clutch was coming out a quick call to GSL had their 2" crossover pipe on my door step in no time. Now one of the poor buggers at work put their hand up to do the dirty work so that's a couple more bob saved!

Again only time will tell if such an upgrade will be of any improvement but I'm starting to put the hard work on the minister of finance to get a unichip so I can only imagine what's to come.

Cheers

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » February 14th, 2016, 5:33 pm

So the wife and I have made the call and are heading to the Kimberleys for 6 weeks at the beginning of May. After our 4 weeks through the Gulf last year we worked out we need to fine tune some stuff for touring. One of those things was fridge access so we wacked in a slide in the back. Great option I can't believe it took us this long to do it.

I've also sent the wife down to Cairns for a couple of days to catch up with the guys from TJM there. We've got a 90L fuel sub tank, 80L water tank, air bags and a few other bits and pieces getting added tomorrow. Can't wait!

Return to “Utes”