My Cape Dual Cab Cruiser!

Mattricho12
Here and there

Re: My Cape Dual Cab Cruiser!

Unread post by Mattricho12 » May 9th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Thought I'd throw up some pics of the front suspension showing off its lack of flex haha.

Definitely keen to look at other options in front to get a bit more movement.
Living the dream, living the dream!

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » July 12th, 2014, 7:30 am

So the Mrs disappeared with the ute for 5 days 2 weeks ago, found this on YouTube. Crazy chick!

http://youtu.be/CKuS-qq4yJs

In build up relate issues I've got Mickey T MTZ's in 35's waiting at my mechanics for me to have fitted. I'm just waiting on my black steelies with 0 offset at the front and neg 44 offset in the rear. Can't wait to see how they go!

shaneev77
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by shaneev77 » September 16th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Can't wait to see the big rig in the DVD issue 223! Looks good Mat. :truck:
Shady Ev

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » September 16th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Awesome. Was this in one of the magazines already?

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » September 16th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Cheers Ev, neither can I. Yeah Aaron it was in an action and adventure a fair few months ago.

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » September 24th, 2014, 7:56 pm

So on Sunday morning I thought I'd whip the intercooler off and have a sticky beek in the EGR pipe and ........ You know ......... Do what people do in that area. Now the cars only 10K old and I was pretty surprised with how dirty it was in there.

So the blanking plate had the standard 10mm hole in it to keep the alarms away and I had to drill out the bottom 2 mounting holes to allow for the fact that the pipe has moved all so slightly. Took it for a drive an to be honest, there is a noticeable difference when it's cold in first gear. You don't have that low down lag anymore.

Another thing that I noticed was the oil in that blowby pipe or whatever it is called which prompted me to by an oil catch can.

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » September 24th, 2014, 8:05 pm

So I ordered the taipan catch can because it looked pretty easy to install and it came as a hole kit designed for my car so I didn't have to worry about anything going wrong. It was way as to install and took about 15 minutes.

I had bucket loads of cables around the area where the hoses are suppose to come up so it's not very neat but this will do for the moment. I'm a little disappointed I thought it would come with a tap to make servicing easy. Maybe I should have researched it better but it still looks the goods. Will just have to pull it out every 5 thousand to empty it.

Cheers

piercey
Here and there

Unread post by piercey » October 5th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Mate that grub screw at the bottom is now the drain. I have one also waiting at Cape York Automotive in Cairns to be fitted with a Taipan exhaust. Where did you get the blanking plate from ?

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 6th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Yeah Piercey It says it all in the destructions maybe I should have read them first haha. The plates an eBay special mate, they're all pretty similar I reckon so any will do!

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 6th, 2014, 9:00 pm

So I changed the roof rack out last week for something a little more practical. Mob out of Adelaide sold it to me. Way cheaper then the major retailers. Fits close to perfect and looks pretty neat also!

Great for the swags and camp chairs!

piercey
Here and there

Unread post by piercey » October 7th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Cheers bloke , I will have a gander on there shortly.
Who done your window tinting ?

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 7th, 2014, 6:40 pm

They're called Big Dans window tinting from Mareeba I'm pretty sure. Was a nice job!

Chrisso82
Here and there

Unread post by Chrisso82 » October 7th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Just had a read through your thread mate I have to say nice rig !!! If I was to upgrade my truck it would have to be one of these!!!

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 18th, 2014, 6:11 pm

So last long weekend the misses and I ducked up to one of our local watering holes for a bit of camping. The beauty of living in the cape is we get little gems like this all to ourselves for 3 days straight. It's a terrible life!

Anyway we usually go camping with people and after our solo mission I decided that a camp light was probably on the cards. Just something a little extra on top of the headlamps and 12v plug in mechanics light that we already use. Picked up this little fella from a local place up here in Weipa and got the auto lecky at work to wire it up for me as he's really neat and I knew he'd do a way better job then me!

He's ran it of the dual battery for us and whacked a switch on the dash so we can us it for reversing if need be.

Surprisingly it was a hard choice as to how strong a light to use because I didn't want it to be that bright that you can't look into it but bright enough so that it's useful. It seems to be alright. I think maybe another one on the other side could be a winner. The true test will be next time we go camping but for now I'm happy!

Sorry about the poor quality of the last shot.

Cheers,

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » October 23rd, 2014, 3:02 pm

Boost and pyro gauges. They were elcheapo's off the bay. Probably should have went the VDO's but we'll see. They appear a bit slow to react and also the boost has a vacuum side to it also which isn't needed.

They light up once the ignition is turned. They actually look really neat!

Sorry again about the photos I've got no idea what's going on there.

Cheers.

Return to “Utes”