Mahindra 2012 Pik-up Dual Cab Build UP

Cyberess
Here and there

Re: Mahindra 2012 Pik-up Dual Cab Build UP

Unread post by Cyberess » February 28th, 2013, 12:14 am

Solved the low Tow Bar issue -- For $350 I managed to get an engineering joint in Darwin to modify the Tow bar -- Actually flipped the Tow bar upside down, and welded a new tow bar tongue sleeve under the upturned bar .. It gained about 10 Inches of 250mm -- right where I need it
Tow-bar-before01.jpg
Before the mod -- really far too low
Tow-bar-after-mod01.jpg
Tow-bar-after-mod02.jpg
The modified bar -- I have actually flipped the tongue now as it was a bit high -- now it's perfect for my camper trailer setup..

Just in case I have to tow a normal trailer of caravan, I have a drop hitch tow tongue setup
Adjustable-drop-towing-hitch.jpg
One thing I have used during assembly was planty of Anti-Seize..
Anyone who has experienced a jam in tow hitch will know why the Anti-seize.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cyberess
Here and there

Unread post by Cyberess » May 30th, 2013, 1:12 am

Just thought that I would add my last mods, that is changing the Auto Locking Hubs to manual locking hubs -- I don't like auto hubs, I don't trust them, and on the Mahindra auto hubs stick out too far. Mahindra dealers do sell a Lamda OEM manual free wheeling hub for about $250 each, after a little research, I managed to purchase "pair" of Hubs delivered for below $150 from "Swastik Fabs" in India http://www.swastikfabs.in/ -- It did take a while to come, but at 1/3 of the price, it was worth it.

Before changing the to Manual Hubs

Manual HUB fitted

Comparing the Auto HUB verse the length of the Manual Hub

A pamphlet, came with the HUB --- Makes interesting reading ;)

Next mod that I'm considering -- May be the exhaust system.

Cheers :truck:

Cyberess
Here and there

Unread post by Cyberess » November 27th, 2013, 1:13 am

Just couldn't resist -- had to get a bit more clearance added.

Had the front end lifted a further 25mm -- to get alignment correct I had the frontend re-shimmed and re-aligned
At the Rear end I added extended Shackles and got an easy 35mm -- despite the modest lift it certainly feels like the lift is a lot higher.

The Standard Shackle setup (Before lift)--- not quite standard as it is the mine suspension setup
Mahindra-Suspension-Shackle01.jpg
The Extended Shackle Setup
Mahindra-Suspension-Shackle-extension01.jpg
The problem with lifting -- just measured the total height at the rear of the Canopy -- measures 2.1 meters -- will have to now allow a minimum of 2.2 meters in underground car parks :ooh: Will also now need a step ladder to wash it :lol: .

Maybe I should consider higher profile tyres; maybe go from 245/75/16 to to 235/85/16 - that will get me another 15mm height -- according to the tire calculator http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tireca ... -235-85r16.

Hmm something to think about.. but I'm in no hurry.

:truck:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

josh95115
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by josh95115 » May 17th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Hi I am thinking of buying a new 2018 model. I was wondering how the mahindra is going 6 years on?

Return to “Utes”