Re: Siggi's 80 Series "Icelandic Landcruiser"

Unread post by michaelwitham » January 16th, 2012, 9:53 am

hate to see the wheel bearings in it

Toyholden
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Toyholden » March 7th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Revived...
This 80 is BEAST... how friggin TUFF... Why are the authoraties so against big rigs when half the traffic on the highways are semi's & bus/couches so whats the dif as long as your brakes & suspension are adequate enough to pull up & corner safely whats the big bluddy deal with it. I quite regularly see front end loaders legally driven on the tarmack so all the legalities surrounding big rigs is a load of political cocknbull its all about revanue anyway not friggin safety...
"YES REVANUE" but they won't have you believe that now will they... It's all about the lives my anus...
More rules = more fines = more REVANUE... :irked:
______________**BUILT NOT BOUGHT & FULLY ENGINEERED**______________
Toyota SURF 94 > 308 V8 - TH350 > SNAKEracing 4IN Lift Kit > 30mm Body Lift
Mickey Thompson 33x12.5xR15 MTZ'S + Micky Thompson Dick Cepec 15x8 Rims

offroadxtrail
Here and there

Unread post by offroadxtrail » January 15th, 2014, 7:37 am

There's two ways of looking at this one.
-Trying to Engineer the modifications on the vehicle
or
-Engineer/re-register the whole car as an Individually Constructed Vehicle (ICV).
If it was done this way, there's alot more rigmarol involved with testing but if it passes everything, the vehicle is classed as "new" from the date it passed and is a standard vehicle. hypothetically you could have a mid mounted v8 with 4WD trans in a mini and it would be a standard vehicle.
i'm unsure of what/how much a vehicle has to be modified to be able to qualify for an ICV now, it used to be major chassis mods eg wheel base moved more than 50mm.

Anyway i digress, a reason i've noticed cars aren't engineered/engineers don't want to issue a cert is that while owners want X, Y, Z they don't want to bother with A, B, C to satisfy any regulations. (not a dig at anyone, i'm just stating in general).
Another thing to note with engineers certificates/reports, if a car has got one, but then has been modified again after the report was issued the WHOLE report is invalid even if the items on the report aren't affected.

My father works for the NSW RTA in the vehicle inspection area, mainly trucks not so much smaller vehicles. But if anyone does have questions about rules/regulations/engineering throw me a PM and i'll ask him and see if he can help
Family x-trail...big toy awaiting

flyinwall
Here and there

Unread post by flyinwall » March 27th, 2014, 5:14 pm

i believe this is in the Noosa Heads area now and tyre size has been dropped to 38's (if not smaller)

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”