HJ60 Restoration

boland684
I'm new, be nice!

HJ60 Restoration

Unread post by boland684 » January 4th, 2018, 9:38 pm

I'm a young fella living in Queensland on a property and in the shed was an old hj60 that I thought was just a hunk of crap that didn't even go, one day my mum made me move it and I got it running. Realised that this old car could be an awesome vehicle with a little love... Until my brother found it & cut a hole in the roof and painted it Camo in the hope the pigs wouldn't see him when he went pigging. It now still has a hole in the roof but I am slowly but surely checking things over and fixing what is broken. As I dont have much of an income I have not yet bought much but have just used things around the shed to get her moving.

The car is a dec 1988 made hj60 gx wagon. Has the push button 4wd activation.

I managed to get a factory exhaust system from a 79series from the legends at an exhaust shop in town, so I cut it up and made a straight through that comes out under the right rear door. Sounds awesome.

The brakes are completely rooted. So I don't know what to do there. Might start with replacing seals and stuff in the master cylinder. (I have bled all the brakes to no improvement)

Future upgrades-
Some 33 inch tyres
Body lift
Suspension lift
Turbo kit or something
Winch
Various other bells and whistles

Any help on the process of fixing would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: HJ60 Restoration

Unread post by typhoeus » October 6th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Just get it running, ( and stopping) for around the farm, & have some fun in it. learn how to not get too bogged, and then get yourself out. . . . . . to start with. Then you might find you want to buy something better for the road and more technical adventures!!

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”