big 60 build up

her hj61
Getting to know the place

big 60 build up

Unread post by her hj61 » September 20th, 2015, 5:17 am

Hey thought id show and tell about my 86 hj61... started off completely grandpa spec now slowly taking shape how i want it. Being a mechanic by trade its all been done by me and the help here and there from my other half ( mostly picking up parts).
It is twin locked i put a spartan in the rear and e locker in the front also done my diff ratios yukon gears 4.8, i put rcv axles in the front, kept standards in the rear, locking hub upgrade, everything mechanical overhauled new steering joints etc etc. Done a shackle reversal on the front and used rear springs out of a 75 ser and took a few leafs out. Standard springs in the rear with drop shackles. 2" body lift and 2" shackles in the front. 12ht motor has original km just over 360 000 and has never missed a beat. It is also an auto which might sound lousy but i do prefer it to the manuals. It sits on 37" creepy crawlers, in the next few days ill be ordering shockies might give the amada black hawk's a go still haven't made up my mind on that and some bump stops and a dampner. On the inside the floor has been coated with anti rust and new marine carpet throughout, possibly put an internal roll cage just incase. It's a very tidy 60 but im not afraid to punish it and make it do its job. Front diff bracings are also on my list and a turbo back exhaust. This is my weekend toy and my other half has a gu pootrol as our tourer :rolleyes:

her hj61
Getting to know the place

Re: big 60 build up

Unread post by her hj61 » September 20th, 2015, 5:21 am

.. and i cant upload pics for some reason

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”