Squiggs LN106 Lux

Squiggs351
Here and there

Re: Squiggs LN106 Lux

Unread post by Squiggs351 » August 20th, 2014, 12:59 am

Cheers mate, yeah the trans has been kitted and extra clutches/frictions fitted, chirps tyres in power setting, economy setting is a bit doughy. has a 200x 300 trans cooler fitted in front of radiator, also has an ali shroud and 16"/3500cfm fan fitted to front of radiator as there wasn't enough room behind. also have a 9kg dry powder extinguisher in the tray as I use it for work too.

Im fitting an NVRAM chip and running TunerPro software for Realtime tuning to adjust s h i f t patterns and pressures etc..

Used to be diesel so tank was nice and oily lol, no signs of rust :)
LN106 Hilux D/C,EFI 5Litre and 4L60E, 2" spring lift, 2" body lift, 33x12.5 muddies, custom snorkel, custom tube winch bar.

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT...

383hilux
Here and there

Unread post by 383hilux » August 20th, 2014, 8:30 am

Sounds like your onto it, good stuff.

Watch out for the cheapo ebay Nvrams, If your going the pcmhacking route, your on the money. $12P is a good thing once you get your head around it if your going that way. You can set it up to accept a wideband sensor and the original along with the bubble tracing, makes light work of fine tuning the VE tables on the fly. I love it!

My tank was previously diesel too but I kept getting rust after the switch, the downside of using old unmaintained farm diesel bowsers.

I'd be interested to hear what you done with the rear tailshaft set up. and the front too. How did you go getting clearance on the front prop shaft from the 700 pan? I went to a smaller diameter solid shaft as the shaft hit the pan on mine.

Once you drive a Hilux with the 700 and some decent grunt, makes ya wonder why toyota didn't do it in the first place! :D

psyolent
Been here a while

Unread post by psyolent » August 20th, 2014, 9:06 pm

hey squiggs any idea what offset rims you got with your tyres please dude?
My RN105 5 Litre Hilux

Squiggs351
Here and there

Unread post by Squiggs351 » August 21st, 2014, 12:03 am

383hilux wrote:Sounds like your onto it, good stuff.

Watch out for the cheapo ebay Nvrams, If your going the pcmhacking route, your on the money. $12P is a good thing once you get your head around it if your going that way. You can set it up to accept a wideband sensor and the original along with the bubble tracing, makes light work of fine tuning the VE tables on the fly. I love it!

My tank was previously diesel too but I kept getting rust after the switch, the downside of using old unmaintained farm diesel bowsers.

I'd be interested to hear what you done with the rear tailshaft set up. and the front too. How did you go getting clearance on the front prop petunia from the 700 pan? I went to a smaller diameter solid petunia as the petunia hit the pan on mine.

Once you drive a Hilux with the 700 and some decent grunt, makes ya wonder why toyota didn't do it in the first place! :D
I've been checking out the pcm hacking forums, have chatted to Antus about getting it set up. Should be a good thing.

Rear driveshaft is still 2 piece, just shortened 3". I am still sorting out the front driveshaft but I was thinking the same thing, small diameter with extra length slip yoke and maybe ditch the cardan joint.
LN106 Hilux D/C,EFI 5Litre and 4L60E, 2" spring lift, 2" body lift, 33x12.5 muddies, custom snorkel, custom tube winch bar.

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT...

Squiggs351
Here and there

Unread post by Squiggs351 » August 21st, 2014, 12:07 am

psyolent wrote:hey squiggs any idea what offset rims you got with your tyres please dude?
Yeah mate, they are 15x8 -25 offset, 33x12.5r15 should be on 9-10 inch rims but 8's seem to bag them a bit better and give a tad more clearance on full lock

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT...

psyolent
Been here a while

Unread post by psyolent » August 21st, 2014, 9:05 am

thanks mate. am going the 16" route with mine.
bagging them out a bid gives a bit more sidewall flex which would work to your advantage methinks :)
My RN105 5 Litre Hilux

Toyholden
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Toyholden » August 21st, 2014, 10:22 am

Looking good so far... Fun stripping down the box hey ;)
You will need the selector on the auto shifter & it also needs a back light so you can see the chosen gear at night clearly! or it will fail roadworthy, my engineer was happy with a pin point LED pointing at the selector from off the dash face. DBL cardan at the front is a good thing as you can get away with opposing driveshaft flange angles being off parallel meaning you can adjust caster without compromising the geometry of the driveshaft pinion angles. I will definitely be keeping a DBL cardan up front for this reason alone :thumb:
______________**BUILT NOT BOUGHT & FULLY ENGINEERED**______________
Toyota SURF 94 > 308 V8 - TH350 > SNAKEracing 4IN Lift Kit > 30mm Body Lift
Mickey Thompson 33x12.5xR15 MTZ'S + Micky Thompson Dick Cepec 15x8 Rims

Squiggs351
Here and there

Unread post by Squiggs351 » August 21st, 2014, 3:26 pm

That's a good point, will check clearances for a double cardan..

The silver gauge on the side of the console connects to a TPS mounted to the pivot of the shifter.

When you select P R N D 3 2 or 1 the resistance changes and illuminates the corresponding LED. Also displays L when the convertor is locked and F is the Check engine light..

Was about $400 bucks from Marks 4wd from memory..

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT...

psyolent
Been here a while

Unread post by psyolent » August 21st, 2014, 3:42 pm

i take it that petunia in this case = s h a f t censored by chance? as i find little reference to a petunia anywhere other than it being a nice flower. :D
My RN105 5 Litre Hilux

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 21st, 2014, 4:41 pm

Yes psyolent, as explained in the 'Issues with the Forum' thread in Forum HQ - but I've fixed Toy's post anyway! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Toyholden
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Toyholden » August 21st, 2014, 5:16 pm

PMSL! hahaha how is a women's petunia less insulting then a man's $haft?... Discrimination at it's best ;)

Oops! cant believe I didn't see the TPS gauge staring me in the face lol!
I was put off cause the setup looks like a manual gearstick & I was a tad confused till I zoomed in on the Knob...
oops again.. can I even say knob? or thrust bearing? or root canal therapy :D LMAO!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 21st, 2014, 5:21 pm

Hmm, so you obviously haven't/didn't read the 'Issues with the Forum' explanation then did you Toy!!

Cos you've missed what was 'censored' entirely! :sillywink:

But then again, if you didn't see the TPS gauge staring you in the face.... :p

:thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Toyholden
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Toyholden » August 21st, 2014, 5:36 pm

No I must have missed it Peter :(
But I assume our text is being censored for insulting words, I do recall using the word $hifter ages back & it was censored lol!
I find I don't have the need to swear on hear & if I do I usually censor it myself ;)

Yes I like that shift gauge Squiggs :thumb:

Squiggs351
Here and there

Unread post by Squiggs351 » August 26th, 2014, 12:38 pm

looking like a flower garden in here with all the petunias hahaha

Took the truck for a run yesterday down the coast to Freo, 50 km round trip, stop start traffic/lights etc.., 60-80km/h most of the way.

Took around 5 km to get up to temp and sat on 80-82 degrees driving and sat around 90-94 degrees when sat at the lights or stopped. put the IR thermometer on it, top hose reads 85-88 at idle and bottom hose reads 35-40..

Pretty happy with that :) :) :) apart from passing 2 patrol cars and sh**ting bricks haha,
might need to get my a** into gear and get it engineered haha

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT...

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”