Greetings everyone - My GU IV - the build begins!

Davler66
Getting to know the place

Greetings everyone - My GU IV - the build begins!

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Hi all

I'm a newby to this forum in fact i'm new to any forum :( so any help I get from anyone will be much appreciated :o I recently purchased a Nissan Patrol gu series iv as my profile indicates. It's a six cylinder 4.8 litre with no mods all origional equipment I should add the badge is an ST-S silver in colour and a nice lookin ride even if I say so myself. I have recently added a brand spankin new top of the line clarion satnav with all the bells and whistles. This thing has every conceivable app you could want and not want I mean you need a degree in computer science to operate it and yes before you ask it has HEMA maps :D I also had installed roof mounted DVD screen for the kids. Anyway that's not even the tip of the iceberg of the mods I have planned for this little cub. My intention is to turn this cub scout into a grizzly bear. My next step is to replace the standard bumberbar with an Ironman winchbar add to that a 12000lb Ironman winch. a set of rockslider sidesteps and a rear bullbar with spare wheel carrier and jerry can holder. Will also have custom under vehicle protection made up at a later stage. Suspension will be in the form of a 4" lifter kit , dual batteries and battery management system. Most of these upgrades will be supplied by Ironman. The brakes will also be upgraded, as the present brakes are a little spongy. the diffs will have a set of front and rear differential elockers thrown in. This work is being performed by Geoff Whitehead from the 4 Wheel Drive Workshop in Frankston Victoria. Who practicaly sleeps eats and breathes nothing but 4Wds and has been doing so for over 30 years I've Known Geoff for over 5 years and seen a lot of his work and I can tell you he knows he stuff. Geoff can even customise parts on site in his fully equiped workshop. We have even bigger plans for this baby. The next step is to rip out the 4.8 and replace it with 1 helofa muther 6.5 litre supercharged chev diesel. These donks are used in the US army and are military spec'd His mate Tom from Bullet superchargers in QLD drops em in 4WD's with a new transmission control module added to a 4L80E tranny that's been modified to convert autos into manuals at a press of a button. I tell ya folks this cat,s gonna roar and will possess torque unheard of. I plan on taking photos of the progress and posting them on site for all to see the transformation.

smokescreen
Need to get out more

Re: Greetings everyone

Unread post by smokescreen » August 4th, 2011, 7:55 pm

Welcome to the forum mate great to have another Patrol driver on the forum you will have to post some photo's up and start a build thread when you throw the big Chev in.
2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 7:59 pm

thanks Smokescreen nice to see some one has commented on my post so soon the first stage of the wagon is almost complete will have pics up over the weekend

wheelyspin
Been here a while

Unread post by wheelyspin » August 4th, 2011, 8:08 pm

gady and welcome sounds like a bit of a build coming on but at least your puting in a chev

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Yes it will be a bit of build,wheelyspin you could say a complete rebuild from the ground up. I had a look at it today in the work shop they fitted a parabolic snorkle to the air intake. Now they have to changed the filter housing in order to fit the second battery shelf for the duel battery system. I drove past the tyre fitters he sends out to fit tyres for his customers,with the snorkle and the tyres it looks like an awesome unit.

Davler66

From cub to bear

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 9:15 pm

I recently placed a post on the progression of my GU patrol from stock standard to a fully capable off roader in the intro coloumn so i'm not going to waste my time with info i've already spewed out once on this forum just go to intros and you'll see my post about what i've done and what will be done.
I'm just going to keep you updated with the progress of my wagon. And of coarse a supply pics as it goes along.

dudelux
Part of the furniture

Re: From cub to bear

Unread post by dudelux » August 4th, 2011, 9:23 pm

If you want the thread moved into here, just ask one of the moderators to move it for you.

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Can that be any moderator from any forum?

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 9:56 pm

I've managed to download some photos of the trol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Davler66 on August 4th, 2011, 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Greetings everyone - My GU IV - the build begins!

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 4th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Any moderator from any section here can arrange it - but it's done now. Welcome Davler, looking forward to more progress reports & pics. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 4th, 2011, 10:05 pm

thanks Pete keep an eye on my posts as you,ll see more pics go up they didon't take as many pics as they were going to they kept forgetting.

pedrodepacas
Avid Poster

Unread post by pedrodepacas » August 4th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Will be watching this thread! nice trol mate :thumb:
gonna be a great buildup. :o

Deans4by

Unread post by Deans4by » August 5th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sweet looking Trol can't wait to see it as the mods progress. Keep us updated as you go.
Happy 4wding
Dean
Who cares what 4wd you have just get out and use it.
MK Triton 2.8L TD a few mods goes alright.

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 5th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Evening everyone got more snaps of the trol Geoff and his band of merry men down at the 4WD Workshop added some mean procomp tyres extreme mud terrains and that extra 1 1/2" lift looks wicked,it's lookin more like the truck Nissan should have made it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Davler66

Unread post by Davler66 » August 5th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Geoff will fab a set of rocksliders for the trol his got some impressive ideas to set off the trol nicely

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”