Mid wheel base GU patrol ute build up

AceOxide
Part of the furniture

Re: Mid wheel base GU patrol ute build up

Unread post by AceOxide » July 16th, 2012, 12:36 am

how does the arm pump treat you after doing some bends??i watched heaps of videos on the model 30s and it looks like hard work, i was going to go the model 30 or 32 but desided to just get the model 4 with the dies i have almost 6k hahahha ooops, but saying that i have 1'' 1.25'' 1.5'' 1.75'' 2'' 2.5'', nb20 nb25 nb32 and nb40. im going to order the nb50 and a few others later when i order a dimple die set

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » July 16th, 2012, 10:58 pm

^^^^^^^ Adicted much? haha
Project "Mid wheel base GU ute" is about to get underway.

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=112933

AceOxide
Part of the furniture

Unread post by AceOxide » July 17th, 2012, 10:15 pm

the reasoning behind going over the top is i can see my self getting sick of work up north after a few years of trading and im going to open my own business doing custom fab work, conversions, diesel mechanics etc etc or even land my self a nice week on week off job and do it why i work up north next i think ill get a cnc plasma cutter :) and a large radius 3 roller bender and dimple dies, and and and haha

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » August 3rd, 2012, 12:44 am

I just paid for my brand spanking new hard to get 2.5 inch profender coil overs and triple bypass shocks. 2 x 16 inch travel of each and 2 x 14 inch travel of each. It took a while for them to sort out my order but it is done and on its way to OZ. I actually did a visit to their factory in Thailand while I was there and made my purchase. Less than $3000 for all of it. I wanted the 2.5 inch bump stops as well which I have seen the prototype but they have not tooled up properly for them yet so I'll have to wait.

Can't wait to get home and get the chassis rolling. I should have the drive line in as well soon so there is a big leap forward coming. :waycool:

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » August 25th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Well I've been busy spending money. Along with the suspension I've also now bought an after market ford windsor 351ci 4 bolt block. I've also bought all the stuff to bolt to it. Just need to get the AFR heads and the finish sourcing the rest of the rotating assembly and then bolt it together. I'm getting a decent strocker kit for this so it should be 427ci when I'm finished. No crap parts in this engine. Next on the list is the Atlas transfer and a built C4 auto next month. I still need to souce the high angle drive shafts for it.
There should be a huge pile of awesome parts waiting for me when I get home. Lots of bling.

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » August 25th, 2012, 6:28 pm

The list is getting longer of what I have bought. I guess it is time to update it.

GQ shorty that I've only got the chassis left from it. Wheel base is now 106 inches instead of 94 inches.

Chassis will now be cut in front of engine mounts and from 300mm behind cab

GU ute cab will run carbon kevlar panels

H230 rear diff braced, ARB locker (will have upgraded brakes)

GU braced front. ARB locker, 4330 alloy steering arms. (will have heat treated CVs and hydro assist and upgraded breaks)

Triangulated 4 link rear with extended wheel base. Will only triangluate the uppers.

Not sure about the front but looking at either 5 link or triangulated 4 link.

2.5 inch Profender coilovers and tripple bypass front and rear. 14 inch front and 16 inch rear.

2.5 inch hydraulic bump stops.

Engine:

427 ci windsor stroker. After market with 4 bolt mains and revised oil jacket and a roller cam.

scat crank (still to get)

scat H beam rods (still to get)

Acryllo pistons (still to get)

AFR 185 heads (still to get)

roller rockers

Typhoon intake manifold (Will be match ported)

Morroso electric water pump

High volume oil pump

F150 rear hump sump (Will be baffled)

Atlas transfer case with C4 adaptor and handbrake (Still to get)

C4 auto built to handle motor. (Still to get)

RED hydraulic winch

multi motor low mount winch

Custom cage and bar work

Digital race dash

Bride race seats

dual GPS

5 point harnesses

Nitrogen Air up system (This will pump up tyres and let me charge my shocks)

37 x 14.5 x 16 Maxxix creepies. (Not red tabs)

16 x 10 inch procomp rims. (Will get bead lock rims soon)

Full alloy race cell

all the spares I need.

I know I'm missing a whole heap of stuff that I haven't listed yet. But I have most of what I need now. Just a few big ticket items left to get then all the little extraineous stuff like lights and recovery gear etc.

Forgot to mention the after market steering column and also a complete aftermarket brake system. It will be what ever fits best inside the rims and give the largest diameter rotor. Custom rotor hats and probably wilwood, brembo or AP racing brakes. AP racing were kind enough to send me some tech drawings of a few of their calipers and rotors that are used in Dakar on the prototype cars and buggies. They aren't for public sale just yet but they have already said I can organise them through a local distributer. Not sure I I'll like the price as much as the service. haha

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 13th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Well I finally got home to OZ to find a huge pile of parcels in my entryway (thanks to the realestate agents for putting them inside) and there were also a heap of parcels at the post office for me. Its like xmas. :iconbana: The pics are crap with my phone but you get the idea.
Got a new dash for the truck. Don't need the big bulky nissan dash.
Got a bling fly wheel. I was going to run the atlas and C4 in this truck but I'm saving that for the buggy now.
New body mounts.
A rear hump sump from an F truck
An underbody surge tank. Just need to get the pumps for it.
Some air lockers and compressors

There is still a lot more to come. My suspension has just cleared customs and will be here soon. A new alloy radiator will also be here tomorrow.

christofurry
Part of the furniture

Unread post by christofurry » September 14th, 2012, 9:01 am

Epic...
Chris, now driving a 2013 Altitude

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 17th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Well my suspension for this and my other project finally arrived in the form of a few parcels with my new profender suspension. mmmmmmm lots of bling. Now just to get some tube ordered and start getting all the bar work done. :armsup:

I forgot how big these are. Damb. Thats a 2lt coke bottle.
The parts are piling up. I need a couple more parts before I can really get in and start some fabbity fab fab. :D

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 18th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Well I charged the battery on my proper camera today and just in time to get a pic of my newest toy. A new Metex cold cut drop saw. I've never done a cleaner or easier cut. :armsup:

I also started to make the diff brackets for my suspension today. No fancy CNC plasma cutting here. Just a hand held plasma and a grinder. :D

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 19th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Well one of the hearts, or at least the main part of it has just arrived. A Dart Ford Windsor 351ci block. This will be stroked and bored out to 427ci for the Ultra 4 buggy that I'm also building. For this one I'm planning a dry sump set up as well and a nice intake. The block I've bought for the patrol will be kept to 393ci so I have the option to race in AORC events as well.
Last edited by toughnut on September 19th, 2012, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » September 19th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Drop saw looks like a mean bit of kit, me likey!
Looking forward to the build up of the engine.
If it can't be fixed with duct tape or a hammer, It must be electrical
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138912&hilit=mungrel%27
Photography Page: http://www.facebook.com/MungrelImages

When in doubt,

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 19th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Yeah. The cold cut saw I got from fleabay. They are around 1k delivered. Very nice bit of kit. That is only one engine I'll be building. I have a second project on the go at the same time in the form of an Ultra 4 buggy from the states.

toughnut
Here and there

Unread post by toughnut » September 24th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Well my daughter went back to her mothers place today so I was able to get some hot work done. Not a great deal I can do until the tube turns up so I can get the bar work done but at least I've been able to make a bit of progress. Still a little bracing to do. Not strong enough for my liking just yet. :D

THE RIG
Need to get out more

Unread post by THE RIG » September 27th, 2012, 7:39 pm

that is an impressive pile of parts you have, you would be itching to get some work done to it now.

Return to “Hardcore Trucks”