Cuzza's Budget Hilux buildup_1988 Hilux LN106 Dual cab 4x4

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Re: Cuzza's Budget Hilux buildup_1988 Hilux LN106 Dual cab 4x4

Unread post by cuzza_wa » August 6th, 2018, 11:05 am

:drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » August 6th, 2018, 11:06 am

:thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » August 13th, 2018, 11:39 am

Found out last week that our office is closing up in a month, so likely slow the progress of the engineering list somewhat. Bit ******* scary really, been here 10 years so not sure what i'm going to do, but they say a change is as good as a holiday.

Anyway i managed to get a fair bit done over the weekend, finished bogging the back doors, got the front doors and fenders off, finished bogging inside of cab, finished rust converting and bogging front doors, got a lick of unmatched white paint on it all and got the doors back on the car.
Everything got a good clean including the rubber door seals, so much shmutz! Concentrating on the fenders now which i hope to have done by weekend.

Once i get the fenders back on i will be parking it outside again to see if i have stopped all the leaks before i soundproof and re-carpet. :drink:

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » August 28th, 2018, 11:48 am

nearly there! Checked it this morning after rain last night and its dry still too :waycool:

few things left to do and replace still ( steering wheel and shift knobs looking a bit out of place!)
fuse block install etc behind rear seat, mount sub box and air compressor, get roof lining done, but its drive-able and i didnt have any screws left over :lol:

ended up getting underlay for free, so have skimped on deadener to see how it goes. If its not enough after summer i might think about replacing the floor and putting proper deadener in. Looming unemployment has tightened the "budget" budget!

**Pics not uploading**
Last edited by cuzza_wa on August 29th, 2018, 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » August 28th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Awesome job mate. Hope photo's will upload soon

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » August 30th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Yeah me too! not sure if user error or website issue, keeps throwing up "HTTP" error on uploading.
Sizes are all ok, 800x600 images, have deleted cookies too.

In any case, have uploaded them to a folder on google, can be viewed here in no particular order (and includes some older pictures)

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP ... rGOIDxAxIe

Mulder030
Here and there

Unread post by Mulder030 » September 25th, 2018, 1:46 pm

She's looking the goods Cuzza!

maybe try using imgur.com
to upload your photo's too. it then provides you a link you can copy into the forum.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » October 7th, 2018, 9:20 am

Cheers mate!

Been back on the road a few weeks now, first trip out tore my mudflaps off in a water crossing so ended up getting hold of some proper metal tray guards for free and fitting them after a clean up.

Got a hitch type bar I need to mount on the rear the other day for $50.

2nd battery and isolator and rear seat fuse panel/amp all finished, managed to get fuse panel, amp, plus a 10” sub, fire extinguisher, and the air compressor behind the back seat. 👍

Rims going on this week with any luck, along with some rubber flares on the front.

Will try to grab some pictures.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 7th, 2018, 11:27 am

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely Cuzza! :thumb: Now that it's looking so good, are you happy with how it's driving so far? Or are there plans developing for any more driveline &/or suspension mods down track? :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » October 7th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Yeah pretty happy so far, the rear was a tad stiff so have put the spare wheel back underneath which has helped heaps.

I got 2” leafs for free as someone wanted my old standard leafs so we did a swap.
My rear leafs are only a 7 leaf pack with no overloads and it’s a good compromise for what I use it for (comfy enough unladen, ok fully loaded with wood) but they look to be kinking the 3rd main and I’ve noticed a bit of wrap.

So maybe fitting the 2” leafs / possibly making custom leaf packs but for now it’s serving my purposes well.

Autolockers would be nice but I’ve not been stuck yet (touch wood) and a bit more in the right boot would be nice.

I have ordered a electronic multi gauge to future proof a turbo setup (and monitor the car) and started collecting bits and pieces for a turbo but will see how far it gets, I’m very wary of putting too much load on the G52 so would rather see that upgraded before I put a blower on it.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » November 8th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Hi gents been a while again :) been busy spending money getting prepared for a boys camping trip in a week, trying to get setup so I can test it.

Electronic gauge is fitted, rims and flares on (almost didn’t need flares but for the sake of not getting a sticker I put them on)

Got a generic 9500 pound winch for a steal at $250 with my Supercheap 30% discount, have fitted this in the front
Bought and attached an xtm awning and have an additional side awning that attaches for camping to keep wind out.
Picked up a used waeco cf40 for $400, I can easily add a hella plug to my rear seat fuse box now and not worry about ice and eskis.

Also got a large black poly pipe water tank someone had made and used for camping on the local buy and swap site for $15, as well as a cheap 12v shower / pump unit to rig up as a washing unit on the tray (think it may be too heavy for my current roof racks when full of water)
I need to replace the tap so I can screw the 12v pump to it and not need to worry about gravity, but hoping it will be nice to be able to wash when out bush!

Struggling with pictures, might stick a few on Facebook and just send a link.

Was looking at photos this time last year when I got the car compared to how it looks now and you’d never know it was the same car :)

Return to “Tourers”