LSA 105 "Gus"

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

LSA 105 "Gus"

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:25 pm

I actually started building this thing a while ago, but never thought to put it on this forum (damn facebook, ruining the world), so i'll fill you guys in with a bit of good old fashion cut and paste :lol:

DEC 2015
So there I was, one minute im looking at a cheap 105 in tassie, thinking of things I could do to it, nekminute ive bought a really cheap soccer mum 105 in melbourne!

So meet "Gus"

So my original plan was to leave gus in tas for the old boy to tow his van with for a while (as he needs an auto) then eventually I would mod it and it would become sids replacement......

Well before Gus had been picked up I had decided on its future motor and had it ordered.............

Welcome an LSA to the stable.....
An LSA is a 6.2 similar to an LS3 (they actually arent an LS3, most think they are), its supercharged from factory and out of the box, puts out 430kw and around 750nm of tq.

So the motor has already been delivered, now just have to sort out an auto and the conversion parts, and let the fun begin.!

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

Re: LSA 105 "Gus"

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:34 pm

So as the car was in tassie, and im based in weipa, it had to wait until feb, as I was heading down for a wedding... and well now to do a conversion as well :lol:

Feb 2016
Well just spent a week on Gus, flew down to tassie for a good mates wedding and while I was at it chucked the LSA in and got it all running.

Still a bit to do, but it's running and "drivable", exhaust and rear bar will be built (hopefully) before I get there in 3 weeks to finish the car off.

So whilst I was there here's a bit of a simplified list of what I did.

Plated steering box and panhard mount (the 80 series kit fitted, MHM supplied mine)
Fitted loom as provided by Killas, was very dissapointed, had to lengthen plugs as they were in the wrong spot entirely on the loom :( but once moved, it worked fine.
Fitted motor and box
Front and rear diffs rebuilt and filled with ARB's
T Case rebuilt and fitted with low range gears and part time kit
Fitted ABS relocation kit due to part time kit
wired in Compushift
Fitted fly by wire pedal and picked up TPS signal from throttle body for the compushift (sounds easy, but wasnt, but is easy now i know how) - for future reference it's the front 2 cables on the throttle body that provide the 0-5v reference - note: dont hook them up back to front... otherwise no throttle lol..

Still a lot left to do next trip, but I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking

Fitted up the 315s on neg 30 rims, they sit sweet as on no lift!

Fter a lot of stuffing about I decided to recycle the bullbar that was on it when i got it. Figured the best way to remove the dent was belt it with a FBH and then cut out the offending dent and fill it with ARBs fog light inserts

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Slight problem with front tailshaft fitment

Running and drive-able!

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:36 pm

April 2016

So just got back from tassie and spent a hektik 4 days on Gus, then went west for 4 days!

Managed to achieve most things that I wanted to, and even took it on a trip up the west!

It was pretty well faultless, only teething issue was I had to turn the front tailshaft around to clear a the box better.

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:40 pm

June 2016

Sorry for the slack updates, facebook really has ruined the world! I always forget about the forums now ! :cry:

So a few things have been happening with Gus whilst i have been "slaving" away up north :o

Firstly the boys at Weld Logic Fitted up my Moonlight Fabs snorkel, pretty stoked with it on the quiet...

Secondly the boys also cut and shut my new sub tank that was supplied by Maxit 4X4 that are located in Perth WA, so that my rear winch would fit (i stupidly didnt tell Maxit that i was running a rear winch

crankycruiser
Need to get out more

Unread post by crankycruiser » August 30th, 2016, 12:41 pm

And then the boys at Howell Automotive did a retune for me, some will say the figures are low, but the motor is stock as a rock, it was tuned on 35s and thru the big 4L80e auto, im pretty happy with the results, for comparison, on the same dyno, it put down 190kw on its base tune and the thing fair hauled arse then, I can only imagine what its like now!

dar_sbb
Been here a while

Unread post by dar_sbb » December 7th, 2016, 9:51 pm

thats awesome!!!!!!

gotta get some vids up!

top work as always

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » January 7th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit Ray. This thing is awesome, though there are no surprises there with your track record.

What is or was next to be done?

Cheers
Nick
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

mudshark
Need to get out more

Unread post by mudshark » April 16th, 2017, 10:26 am

WOW that is fantastic sooo jealous I have been considering doing a LS1 conversion in my 60 series but don't have the skills so am currently trying to find someone in Brisbane that does this work I don't suppose you know anyone ?
Cheers Mark
1988 FJ62 LIFTED LOCKED AND BARRED UP :) and SO SICK

deepop
Been here a while

Unread post by deepop » May 22nd, 2017, 10:03 pm

Great job mate. Love it. Can you get a full kit from Marks Adaptors or similar to do this yourself (myself).

Return to “Tourers”