The Magic Car Pet

Asterisk
I'm new, be nice!

The Magic Car Pet

Unread post by Asterisk » March 27th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I have just bought my partner and I this 1989 BJ74 LX.

We'll be travelling around Australia in it, which is why I've posted here - But It's also a project and this thread will encompass on the fly modifications.

I DIY whatever I can and I'm pretty handy with a grinder and sheet metal. So you can expect to witness Frankenstein body work and anything where a welder is needed.

I'm a plant man and my expertise is in Horticulture - So you can follow along from the beginning, as I learn about Diesel engines and Motor vehicles in general - It's all part of the big picture.

I'd be stoked to swap gardening tips for your know how!

Let's get into it..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Asterisk
I'm new, be nice!

Re: The Magic Car Pet

Unread post by Asterisk » March 27th, 2015, 8:08 pm

The first thing to come off where worn 33" Mickey Thompsons. I've replaced them with the 31" BFG A/T's you see in the photo. This pretty much sets the scene for mods to come - good quality, modest but capable.

The vehicle is in the shop at the moment as the turbo is leaking as is the front pinion seal.

I had that sinking feeling as it developed a knock the other day - I knew the diff was leaking and was positive that I'd blown the crown or pinion gear. But luckily the problem was caused by the guys at Bob Janes putting the wrong balancers on, knocking the brakes. On top of that, apparently they'd bent something on one of the rear brakes. Friendly guys but don't think i'll be going back to them in a hurry.

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » March 28th, 2015, 2:55 pm

:thumb:

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 28th, 2015, 4:20 pm

I am with fastwrx!

Return to “Tourers”