Oli's Dual cab Amarok Tourer, photos galore

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Re: Oli's Dual cab Amarok Tourer, photos galore

Unread post by BennyT50 » July 7th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Oli,

That is brilliant news. Knew it was on the way but oh so early.

Just wants to get out there 4x4in with you. Hope mum and bub are doing well.

What hospital?.

I am becoming a POPPY in December, so really looking forward to that.

Good to catch up with you in the future. Remember, your time is not yours now, there is someone more important to think about.

Just a word of warning. Before you take the bub 4x4in with you, remember the neck muscles of a new born take a while to form, so rough tracks may be out for the time being - 6-8 months I am told

I am sure the bub would have preferred the BT, but that is in the past. lol.

Looking forward to meeting the new addition, but give some warning, as we are not always home at present.

We are enjoying life without the kiddlets - something you will look forward to in about 20 years.

Again, well done mate, bet your father and mother are over the moon, as I soon will be as a grandparent myself

Catch up soon.

Bernie
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

Indy Hepburn
Need to get out more

Unread post by Indy Hepburn » July 7th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Nice Amarok mate!..this is looking wicked...Just like your BT50 Did!

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » July 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Thanks guys, yes mum and bub are doing really good, I have made a full recovery and was back on my feet immediately.

At vinnies. Congrats to you, great news. My olds are completely over the moon with the news. As far as the little one wanting the bt the luxury he gets out of this won't be leaving him too upset. Yes rough tracks are off for a bit but will be taking straight to the desert very soon.
Cheers Oli

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 8th, 2014, 10:26 am

Congrats on the new arrival, hope Mum & bub are fine. Seems to be a bit of a spate of early arrivals atm, you aren't the only one to post up a little sooner than expected. But like I said elsewhere, unless there's some other problem, give it a little while & you'll be hard pressed to notice that he was a tad under-done when he came out... Our 28 y/o is a prime example, he was pretty early & small (for us anyway!) & we have a 2 y/o 'surrogate' grand-kid who came into the world weighing about 500 gms after only enough time inside to see most pregnancies just over half way done - but you wouldn't know it to watch him now!! :D

And a bit of judicious off roading never hurts, you can't introduce your kids to 4 Wheeling & the great outdoors too early, you've just gotta take a bit more care! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

JR_268
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by JR_268 » August 13th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Nice job. Tray looks like its steel not alloy. Just wondering what you've done on the driver side compartment, do the drawers go right through or is it just all storage. Thinking of doing similar tray/canopy to my PX Ranger but the weight of a steel tray was putting me off. Your tray sure beats the cheap car mass produced ones.

rmoore
Been here a while

Unread post by rmoore » August 17th, 2014, 11:17 am

Magnificent construction, fit & finish, Oli.

Can you please tell me the external dimensions ?

How much does the unit weigh, and how much does your tray weigh? Or put another way, what does the whole rig come in at fully loaded?

I am about to ditch a style side tray with alumin plate canopy on top for an integrated canopy but undecided if that should go on an alloy tray (weight saving) of not.

Cheers
RM
Mazda BT50 DualCab XT auto, new in April 2012. ARB bar, side rails, steps, suspension. Redarc trailer brakes. Anti-spinifex plate. Lightforce HID's. Extra 5 micron fuel filter. Custom Al canopy on ute. Designed as a touring rig.

elso84
Here and there

Unread post by elso84 » August 24th, 2014, 10:19 am

Gday Oli, absolutely love the tray and canopy set up mate, am going to have a go at building a tray myself thats very similar to yours as I love the design but in steel as im alot more competent welding steel not alloy. Is your drawer fully sealed? If so could you elaborate a little on how u did it, cheers mate.

Elso

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » August 27th, 2014, 5:53 am

Been a while, thanks Pete. Little fella is doing awesome, taking him on an on road trip at the moment and will be taking him on his first camping trip next month, have had to put off the desert trip for the time being but will get to it.

Jr268 mate drivers side is mass storage, no draws. It has mounts to holds all the legs, gas bottle, water can then just a few random tie downs for whatever else I need. It can fit a full size pallet in so storage shouldn't be a drama. Yep certainly beats the typical Chinese mods.

Rm mate couldn't tell you what the weight is, no idea but should run it over a weigh bridge one of these days. Tray is 1980 wide by 1750 long. I went the alloy tray as I don't need a steel tray and with gvms in mind this tray will be more than cab able of carrying loads up to and past legal requirements. Anything else you need just ask mate.

Else, cannot melt any metal, unless one is looking for a heap of splatter everywhere then I'm your man. Yes draw is waterproof. It's a completely sealed unit, as in boxed in. Just have a rubber seal running all the way around the opening. Can take some photos to elaborate if you want.

Cheers Oli

elso84
Here and there

Unread post by elso84 » August 27th, 2014, 10:16 am

Gday Oli, a few photos would be great if ya dont mind, cheers

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » August 28th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Elso, complete separate box from tray

The only opening of the box is at the rear

Then weather seal all around it

Anything else mate let me know.

Went for lunch today, when I have the canopy on I have all my camping gear. Fired the BBQ up and had lunch on the beach for the first time with the little fella.

Cheers Oli

elso84
Here and there

Unread post by elso84 » September 3rd, 2014, 10:42 pm

Cheers oli, will let ya know if theres anything else once I get started, appreciate it

jsroberts8
Been here a while

Unread post by jsroberts8 » February 18th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Nice rig!

Matterzz
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Matterzz » March 19th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Gday oli

I know its been a while but worth a shot, what size rubber and rims are you running? tried to zoom in but no luck, were you happy with the BFG's?

Return to “Tourers”