Oli's Dual cab Amarok Tourer, photos galore

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Re: Oli's Dual cab Amarok Tourer, photos galore

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 20th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Well the canopy has still got a bit of work to do so it didn't make the open day just the ute.

Canopy will be finished fab wise just before I head to Moreton island but it will be unpainted. Reason being time but also give it a test run see if there is any change needed then paint. Righteo proper update time, from left to right 3rd battery and what will be a full electrical set up. Couple of 12v plugs, USB chargers, stereo, switches to run canopy lights. Custom fridge slide and drop on gas struts (thanks tornado), next to it the instan hot water unit (Coleman) lives. The two draws you see are on runners and have metal lids so can be used as food prep areas etc. they have a usable 150mm of height and will be dry food and utensils.

The mounts on the left hold the legs that lift the canopy, right next to it is the gas bottle holder. Out of sight is a mount for the weber.

Some things you might not of seen, how he took two into one for the brush rail

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 20th, 2014, 5:51 pm

Sliders

Reverse camera, trailer plugs up high can't get ripped off.

Anderson plug for canopy connection

Anyho today's and tomorrow's project, DISCLAIMER- i personally think these electrical anti rust things are a complete gimmick. After years of telling people they're a waste of money I was asked if I ever had used them. I had not, so will run this and report back in 10 years, don't hold your breath. Once again if your opinion differs from mine on this remember you are wrong and I didn't ask for it (the fights on the net about anti rust make me sick, like listening to Justin Beiber. Well maybe they're not that bad but pretty close).

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 20th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Mounted sneaky sneaky like behind aircon

One on either side of bullbar (yes I notice ironic rusty nuts)

One on either side of front inner wheel well. The black paint was needed as the area needs to be well painted for it to work properly and the paint was very un German, a bit half assed.

One on both front doors, back door was too hard to hide wiring so have left it, will go jeep style if need be.

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 20th, 2014, 5:53 pm

One on the middle of each chassis rail

And finally one on each side of rear of cab

And cause I can and I like how the light has distorted in the shot.

Will hard wire in tomorrow then tidy, then I have finally finished all wiring for the ute (well maybe a few more 12v plugs) HOORAY. Now I just need to wire the canopy (awwww).
Cheers Oli

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 23rd, 2014, 4:25 pm

Well I have been very worried about how the auto rok will perform off-road. Sand tests any vehicle and I was really worried that the rok would struggle. I am happy to report I am over the moon with it. The traction control is brilliant off-road and believe I can go further then ever before. Bloody happy.

Have my new go pro which I am trying out so will have a few vids when I get home. Still getting use to the size of this thing. Tree had a fight with my brush rail, brush rail won.
Cheers Oli

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 23rd, 2014, 4:30 pm

MasterInnovator
Avid Poster

Unread post by MasterInnovator » May 23rd, 2014, 5:44 pm

Great set-up, I'd be lying if i said I wasn't jealous

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 24th, 2014, 7:59 am

Thanks mate, she is getting there

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 24th, 2014, 11:31 am

Have to agree mate - awesome work. It's now one very tidy tourer

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 24th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Thanks mate. Beach was packed today, managed to find a spot.

Cheers Oli

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » May 29th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Just bought a gopro before my trip, my first play with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K23XBGOMRZI&sns=em

eastbound
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by eastbound » May 31st, 2014, 6:47 pm

looks tough mate top job

69Ranger
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by 69Ranger » June 7th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Thanks Oli! Tossing up between an XLT Ranger and the Highline Amarok as we speak...and the tray/canopy combo you have is so close to what I am thinking. Unfortunately mine is a daily drive Tradie bus and family cruiser so a few extra comforts are wanted, and the canopy needs to be a 3-door job. I looove your tray tho. Will def be tracking down Weeks Welding to see if it is worth me writing off a little drive to have it fitted.....may use your specs if you don't mind and they are not copyrighted????....oh, WITH those ugly under tray boxes at the back! lol

Needless to say you should be very proud of what you have done here. I hope the VW does you proud when you get to hit the tracks!

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » June 12th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Thanks eastbound.

Mate I picked the amarok over the ranger/bt50 as it couldn't do electrically what I wanted without problems. That and the bt50 is horrendously ugly.

More than welcome to use my designs, as long as you quote me. Make the drive to talk to Simon, he's great to bounce ideas off and the quality of his work speaks for itself. He's not the quickest fella but take incredible pride in his work. He did try to talk me into side boxes but I just couldn't do it. Am very proud of what has been achieved.

Was blown away how good it was on the sand, was planning on taking it to glasshouse next weekend however the unborn bub seems to be less patient then me so will see how that pans out. Apparently having wet suit seats isn't a good enough reason to continue 4wding if baby comes early, women can be so confusing.
Cheers Oli

ydayahaf2bsonosey
Been here a while

Unread post by ydayahaf2bsonosey » June 13th, 2014, 9:18 am

G'day,
Well I've held on to my tub for long enough now. If you've followed my thread you will know I only had the tub on for 600km. It comes with all lights and tie downs, nothing has been stripped off and don't want to either, like to sell it complete. Does come with electric locking fuel cap cover and filler neck. Any questions ask. Don't know what it's worth but offer a reasonable price and it's yours. If no bites will throw it on fleabay but surely someone wants it.
Cheers Oli

Oh location is Wyreema Qld, which is just outside of Toowoomba

Return to “Tourers”