ln106 1989 hilux setting up for trips

hi-lux89
Here and there

Re: ln106 1989 hilux setting up for trips

Unread post by hi-lux89 » April 23rd, 2013, 7:20 pm

hey guys sorry for no up dates i did'nt have the internet for a bit ......

it has blowen a head so its sitting in the shed for a little bit till i can buy a new head then ill get back to doing things to it

hi-lux89
Here and there

Unread post by hi-lux89 » May 3rd, 2013, 7:59 am

dont know if i should keep the hilux or sell it its hard to pick

Adon92
Been here a while

Unread post by Adon92 » May 9th, 2013, 11:04 pm

keep it dude. just shop around for another head

I was in a simular situation with my old hilux... i sold it and not long after i really regretted it and after a few months i had to buy another one.
Hilux LN106

hi-lux89
Here and there

Unread post by hi-lux89 » May 12th, 2013, 5:03 pm

i sold it :( i didnt want to but just didnt have the money to fix it and needed a car to get to work so i just bought my dads dirty old pajero and im going to save up for a patrol

hi-lux89
Here and there

Unread post by hi-lux89 » April 24th, 2017, 11:06 pm

so I ended up buying this hilux back and it has had a little face lift

I bought it back fixed it up and got it back on the road ended up having to replace the p\s pump and box, rear diff (put a auto locka in it, then worked out pretty fast that that was no good) so fitted a rebuilt LSD, all the brakes got replaced, then it spat the gearbox after towing my other car so I put a rebuilt gear box in it. the day after I did that it overheated and just didn't want to go anymore, I thought I have spent too much money on this thing to back out now! a few months before this happened I was cleaning the hilux after a trip to Fraser & I pulled the flooring up and found the cab had rusted out around the cab mount in the drivers foot well, so I decided to find a new cab, which I did for $400 I stripped it apart and got it painted. while the body was off at paint I stripped the motor down and got it machined, put it back together with coated pistons to handle the heat from the turbo and have fitted a top mount intercooler. have got it just about ready to start and have a few things left to do to get it back on the road.... it has been a long journey but it is getting close to finished now. I will up date with a few pics before I started the rebuild and of the rebuild, when I get a chance.

Return to “Tourers”