Going to Tassie soon

zrxfighter
Here and there

Going to Tassie soon

Unread post by zrxfighter » June 10th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Hello all at Tassie.

I may be (80% chance at this stage) heading to tassie in november for a week (maybe 2 weeks).

I'm taking my father inlaw down to see my sister inlaw and will be saying with her (I flew down 2 years ago but this time i'm taking my mk triton).

She lives in Georgetown and i want to do some 4wdriving (nothing extreame) and fishing (landbased salt or fresh water lure fishing) while i'm there.

So i'll be making her place my base home. So day trips are prefered or maybe an over night camp out to.

Can anyone help me out with some places i could visit.

Or is there any books or maps avalible.

Cheers in advance.

Phil.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: Going to Tassie soon

Unread post by chris_stoffa » June 10th, 2013, 10:07 pm

When you park your vehicle on the boat head up to the Book Shop / Tourist bureau - all the maps and books you will need for 4wding in Tas.

I'll let the locals tell you the good spots and trips - Luv Tassie :thumb:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Robdeo
Avid Poster

Unread post by Robdeo » June 11th, 2013, 2:04 pm

You'll be right near the Bellingham -> Bridport dunes track. It goes from Bellingham, across the rivulet (check the tides) throught Nolans Bay, then around St Albans bay and on to Bridport. This is my favourite play area bar none.

Awesome fun, the Triton will love it.

As for fishing, I was there a week ago and we were throwing Gummies back. The three of us spent 90 minutes without a beer between us as we didn't have time to open one! Happened at St Albans Bay off the beach using a combination of squid and bluebait just as the full tide started to swing out.

Now I don't want to put you off but this is important: Do NOT go out onto the sand flat at St Albans Bay when the tide is out. For any reason. Even if you see someone else there because this *constantly* claims vehicles. Once you get stuck out there, and you will (when you see it you'l understand how tempting it looks) nothing short of a tracked vehicle will bring you back.

The dunes area and beach is plain clean fun. Camping spots all over the place. BYO Firewood and as always take out what you take in.

Robdeo
Avid Poster

Unread post by Robdeo » June 11th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Return to “Tasmania”