West coast shenanigans

tazie 75
Here and there

West coast shenanigans

Unread post by tazie 75 » May 28th, 2013, 7:48 pm

5 busses ( two 4runners one GQ wagon ,80 wagon and myself) left town Friday morning first stop Burnie for a Macca's breakfast and to meet up with Adam (4cfed ) and Dave, after a feed and a few introductions for those that had not meet before we hit the road headed for our first track for the day Ring River. Not to long later we was locking in the hubs and airing down about 1km in to the track on a washed out hill climb a call came over the uhf the one of the 4runners had decided it was time to have a nap and had layed itself up against a bank, with a strap hooked on and a few bodies as counterweights out it came without even a mark on it apart from a new brown stain on the drivers seat :lol:

photo is after it had came back down abit

rest of the track was fairly uneventful we was abit worried that we would not be able to cross the river as there had been a bit of rain during the pervious week but all the worry was for nothing and we got across fine, we made it to where the track join Montezuma fall track and it was off to check out the falls and have some lunch

After lunch we headed of making our way back to the highway a few of the passengers were getting a little charged by this stage and Adam and Dave had some competition in the smack talking department on the uhf :lol:

We made the road and had to do a quick tyre change on the 80 as some crap had got in the bead then it was on to Zeehan for a quick splash of fuel

tazie 75
Here and there

Re: West coast shenanigans

Unread post by tazie 75 » May 28th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Next up was Cumberland we started making our way up the hill with a few stopping to have a play in the bad washed out section at the start , not to far in Adam got into a little situation and slipped into a washout causing some panel damage to his front guard I have to say his lux would have to be one of the best set up leaf sprung busses getting around and with the twin transfers is an absolute weapon

not long after this we was starting to run out of daylight so it was decided to turn back and head to Trail harbour to find somewhere to set up camp for the night while cruising about looking for a decent spot Dave's Lux decided to munch a CV a decent spot to camp was found and we lit the fire and settled in to a few more drinks

tazie 75
Here and there

Unread post by tazie 75 » May 28th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Ok after a few sherbets we called it a night only to be woken up to my swag getting shaken and Sam wanting me to get a leech of his head @ 2am :shock: little bugger had been there for a while and had a good feed him having blonde hair looked like he had been smacked in the head with a bat and busted open. Ok first jobs for the day Adam & Dave replaced the C.V in Dave's bus and we also popped the tyre off the bead that came off the 80 cleaned it up and popped it back on the bead.

All packed up I went to make a call and everyone headed up the hill to put our rubbish in the bins and wait for me finished my call went to hit the key on Hank and of course nothing both batteys dead flat :roll: not sure what has gone on here, not even enough to call the other guys on the uhf , then another bloke from work that has a shack down there came around the corner conned a jump start of him and was on my way.

Our plan for today is trial to Granville on the climes track then the coast track to the Pieman
heading along the Climes track Dave's ***** luck struck again and he snapped the idler steering arm in half we had enough tools and a puller to get it off but that was all that could be done on the side of the track, so Adam and Dave said there goodbyes and set off back to Trial and Zeehan to hopefully find another one and we kept on heading onwards ( they ended up getting it welded in Zeehan and made it back to Launie by 10pm that night

We kept following the track and next stop was Granite creek we sussed it out and I got to be the guinea pig on cross first we all made it across no worries and stopped for lunch on the other side

[]

tazie 75
Here and there

Unread post by tazie 75 » May 28th, 2013, 7:53 pm

url=http://s901.photobucket.com/user/doelbu ... d.jpg.html]Image[/url]

After lunch we continued on for Granville

A few random shots of Climes track

tazie 75
Here and there

Unread post by tazie 75 » May 28th, 2013, 7:56 pm

From Granville we headed along the coast track to the Pieman heads making it in good time to set up camp and get some wood together before it got dark , then the drinking started and what a session it was [party] [drunk] not sure what time we finished up but fair to say we was a seedy bunch Sunday morning [barf]

After a cook up for brekkie we packed up and head back out on the inland track cruising along in good time all keen to get home and crash on our couches one of the 4runners entered a hole that was a bit deep for it and stalled buy the time we got a strap onto it and got it pulled out it was level to the seats inside and had drowned the ecu :? , out with the crc and pulled it all apart hoping we could get it to run again and we did we sort of anyway it was running like and old Harley but it was enough to keep mobile, we stopped for a play in the dunes on 4mile beech with Toyota taking bragging rights over Nissan and then onto Granville to air up and head onto the western explorer for the trip home making it back to Smithton around 5pm

What an awesome trip with a great bunch of blokes I think this will now become an annual trip
I got a load of video on my gopro and am going to cut a video together along with all the footage the other boys got on their phones ect and will post it up when I get it done

[url=http://s901.photobucket.com/user/doelbu ... b.jpg.html]Image[/

Ln654x4
Been here a while

Unread post by Ln654x4 » June 3rd, 2013, 9:10 pm

Looks like an incredible trip. Some pretty wild tracks, nice work.
Ln65 single cab workhorse and shooting rig.
21st Anniversary NP Pajero
2015 Drz400
300kw R33 Skyline-For sale

Return to “Tasmania”