night rescue mission

ravofireman
Need to get out more

night rescue mission

Unread post by ravofireman » July 31st, 2011, 12:58 am

All was quiet as the lady of the house was putting tea on the stove to feed the hungry tribe, Then the silence was broken with a Call for help from a Mate.

So loaded up the kids, Chucked some recovery gear in and set of to hollybank to pull DR Bow and his rugrat out of the crap.. After making some sort of head way with his phone call, Due to the fact i couldnt understand him as he had dropped his phone in the mud and it was caked in the mic and speacker.,

After the half hour trip from town i was finaly in the area, Looking for the track, Witch i knew well as i have been bogged there my self, And thought Why in hell was u in there on your own,

Well once i had arrived, They had allready light a little fire to help keep them warm, and so i could see them from up on the hill, So i locked my hubs in for the first time in the Patrol and set my way thro the track, (This also being the first time me baby boy been off road as well)

After getting there set a foot and had a look at how we was going to get the Rocky out with out bogging my self, His winch was jammed and woundlt spool, Hand winch had ***** it self and no way was he digging it out, Out come a sntach strap, 2 winch extesnio straps and a snatch strap and i could pull almost a stright line from were he was, with out and possible way i was getting bogged,

After watchin his daughter go ass up in the mud agian while running the straps back to the rocky it was time to give it a heave ho and pull her out,

It come out with not much effort, But due to a mud covered window he didnt navigate the tree real well,, Only minor damage to tree,, lol

All in all was a easy recovery, and Drinks were shared over pizza in the end,

Here are some pics i got for the story

********* Wheeling Down Under ************
2010 GU Patrol, 2inch lift. zd30

1998 GU patrol rd28 stock as a rock

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: night rescue mission

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 31st, 2011, 11:27 am

Geez Ravo, going out in the dark to damage trees like that, you're singlehandedly gonna give all 4WD'ers a bad name with the greenies!! :D

Glad you got him out successfully, good test for the vehicle & christening for the baby boy too - betcha they all loved it!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » July 31st, 2011, 6:56 pm

Nothing worse than trying to get out of mud when its dark!

Good on you

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Unread post by ravofireman » August 6th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Peter @ Aawen4x4 wrote:Geez Ravo, going out in the dark to damage trees like that, you're singlehandedly gonna give all 4WD'ers a bad name with the greenies!! :D

Glad you got him out successfully, good test for the vehicle & christening for the baby boy too - betcha they all loved it!

Yeah,, That was his rig, He bought the rocky off me, Now a bit dmagaed haha,

Yes kids all loved it,
********* Wheeling Down Under ************
2010 GU Patrol, 2inch lift. zd30

1998 GU patrol rd28 stock as a rock

Return to “Tasmania”