Coldstream Track, Wombat Flats

scotty2611
Been here a while

Coldstream Track, Wombat Flats

Unread post by scotty2611 » July 3rd, 2011, 5:36 pm

What a fantastic track, 4 cars went in 4 cars came out, but all had damage,
Who ever thought you would have to winch down hill,
Coldstream track is located near Waratah, and is the same track Roothy and the Crew took for ever to do and tow out the Prado,,
The track is covered with fallen trees to get around and clay hills and deep water holes and creek crossings, what more can anyone want,
For me personally I destroyed a winch, damage to a gaurd, Broken a CV or a locking hub, and my Power Steering Stuffed up, oh yeh and more mud inside then outside,
the last hill climb out over the river is about 500 mtrs of clay hill with a left hand bend half way, the only way to have half a chance is have a heavy right foot, and if that,s not enough, more right foot, there was not a car that did not get the diffs or spring plates bashed, Im shuddering looking under the troopy,

Just my 2 cents worth

Have fun go hard

hoare85
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Coldstream Track, Wombat Flats

Unread post by hoare85 » July 3rd, 2011, 9:46 pm

I thought that was around the waratah area, its near noals planes isn't it?? where abouts does the track come out? must say i would like to have a go at it and i know a few mates that would be keen aswell.. would be good to be able to organize something when i am home from work in the future.. Maybe after some dryer weather thou ;) lol

in4rhvn
Been here a while

Re: Coldstream Track, Wombat Flats

Unread post by in4rhvn » February 6th, 2012, 5:49 pm

This sounds awesome were exactly is it ? in tasmania
1986 ln65 single cab
comp tray
bar work
sliders
v6 buick 5 speed
new paint
ruf