west tasy

vl.pet
I'm new, be nice!

west tasy

Unread post by vl.pet » June 15th, 2011, 10:56 pm

we just did the cold stream track and warmbat flats track grate look and a bit hard in some spots but over all its a track that gives you every thing from clay ,mud, river crossings,steap hills ,rocks after we got out of both tracks i got told to alow $1000 for damage i now no y as before the trip i put 4 new claws one got a slit in the side wall and got a puncher in the other one then snaped a new cv two new bigger dents and a lot of littel markes and side step bent but over all loved the long weekend :thumb: up

middy
Here and there

Re: west tasy

Unread post by middy » June 17th, 2011, 8:34 pm

we camped in at Granville harbour and went north to pieman heads and had a crack at the track to trial harbour.

Results were:
4 flooded cars (Hilux, Prado x twice, Pajero and a triton)
1 car fire (pajero starter solinoid stuck on) but bugger all damage thanks to some quick actions and close extinguisers

nickonaldo
Here and there

Unread post by nickonaldo » July 9th, 2011, 1:17 pm

The track between Trial Harbour and Granville is known as Climes track.
Have done it twice, once in June 2006 the other was November 07.
Definately a track for the dryer months was heaps easier in November. If you up that way head back out of Zeehan and turn left out to Melba Flats then right into the Montezuma Falls Track. Good 4wd track with a huge waterfall at the end of the track, worth taking a camera.
Not stuck just not moving!

Greg 80series
Been here a while

Unread post by Greg 80series » September 23rd, 2011, 9:20 pm

Vl.Pet
Nice mate but where are the pics

Return to “Tasmania”