Coffin Bay National Park (with pics)

Gfoss83
Here and there

Coffin Bay National Park (with pics)

Unread post by Gfoss83 » April 29th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Over Easter my family and a mates gang hooked up the campers and headed to Coffin Bay on the West coast for a weekend of 4 wheeling, fishing camping and of course a few frothies along the way. Not really knowing where we were going to set up camp we just had a plan that we would grab the first decent spot we could find, luckily we found an absolute cracker of a spot first up which I doubt we could have bettered to be honest. The camp ground was called Black Springs and we setup away from others with a magnificent view of the Bay and plenty of shelter. It wasn't perfectly level for the camper trailers but it was good enough.
Black Springs campsite.jpg
In the morning we woke up to this beautiful sunrise.
943.JPG
804.JPG
833.JPG
The view from our home made dunny!!
820.JPG
After breakfast we headed off exploring the tracks and headed for a place called Seven Mile Beach. The track was fairly slow going with a good mix of soft sand, rocky sections and lots of tight twists and turns with plenty of vegetation. Most of the track is only wide enough for one vehicle so it pays to take it slow and watch for traffic coming the other way. Seven Mile Beach was stunning. A nice wide beach with beautiful white sand. On one side you have the water which was like glass and made me wish I brought a tinnie with me and the other some awesome big dunes which was a 4wders paradise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"This is Living"

Gfoss83
Here and there

Re: Coffin Bay National Park (with pics)

Unread post by Gfoss83 » April 29th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Seven Mile Beach.
864.JPG
868.JPG
872.JPG
876.JPG
892.JPG
On The way back we had to sit on the dunes and wait for the high tide to drop enough to get back along the beach. There was a 4wd club from vic there waiting too, so it was good to have a chat with them and have a beer while enjoying the view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"This is Living"

Gfoss83
Here and there

Unread post by Gfoss83 » April 29th, 2014, 11:38 pm

The next morning we headed the other way to a spot called Gunyah Beach. Again the track was much the same, soft sand with lots of rocky sections and only wide enough for 1 car. As you drive into the Gunya track, it starts off fairy simple but then it opens up to the most expansive sand dunes I've ever seen. As far as you can see its just pure dunes and a massive wide surf beach. Once on the beach we set the weber up for some lunch and then wet a line (without much luck.)
962.JPG
963.JPG
964.JPG
965.JPG
974.JPG
Last edited by Gfoss83 on April 29th, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is Living"

Gfoss83
Here and there

Unread post by Gfoss83 » April 29th, 2014, 11:47 pm

After lunch we headed into the dunes for a bit of fun. It was great for the kids to climb the massive hills and have a go on the sand board. The sand was firm enough to drive up, even the biggest hills we managed to conquer in the cruiser.
978.JPG
988.JPG
989.JPG
We wish we had a few more days because you could easily stay a week. There is a couple of places we didn't get to so a return trip one day is definitely on the cards. A great spot for families as well as a perfect place for a boys weekend or a couples getaway. I highly recommend going there, my only regret was not taking a tinnie with me, there is some magic fishing spots there.
Last edited by Gfoss83 on April 30th, 2014, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is Living"

Aussie_Dan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Aussie_Dan » April 30th, 2014, 12:40 pm

Thanks for the write up.
Heading over there at xmas time with some friends, the kids and the camper trailers. Really looking forward to it!
Will have to check out the spots you have mentioned.
Cheers, Dan.

Morty_62
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Morty_62 » May 20th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Plan on getting there before Xmas then Aussie Dan. There is not a lot of spots there and they fill really fast. But if you can get a spot, there is not much better place. Great write up though :)

StickyD
Been here a while

Unread post by StickyD » May 20th, 2014, 8:22 pm

such a mint spot!

Return to “South Australia”