WA Murchison and Gold Field Ghost town trip

justinvv
Here and there

WA Murchison and Gold Field Ghost town trip

Unread post by justinvv » November 21st, 2015, 10:19 pm

Hi all,

I got the opportunity for a few days off, I threw all the stuff in the car (Prado 150 facelift, Dobinson lift, dual battery, all the stuff you need) and headed out.

The plan was to visit Ghost towns and other interesting locations from Perth to Meekatharra, to Kalgoorlie and back to Perth.

I attempted to make a video of the trip.

Images here
https://flic.kr/s/aHskpwJ9bm

Video here in multiple parts
https://www.youtube.com/user/Marli2/videos

Cheers

Taurean
Here and there

Re: WA Murchison and Gold Field Ghost town trip

Unread post by Taurean » November 22nd, 2015, 11:16 am

Hiya Justin...
Thanks for posting your coverage of what is an inspirational and educational tour of "not-that-far-outback" W.A.
Top job mate! (and not too shabby with the camera work either.... :cool: )
Kath (my other half) and I loved the constant commentary on the video footage. (Like driving along the main drag at Cue and being the only vehicle there!) Lots of "wow" moments at the views and scenery in your stills as well.
It's treks like yours that make us want to just pack up our Lil' Red Wagon and get out there....RIGHT NOW!!

You know....We will never understand why, that with so much to see, do and experience right here in W.A., our friends insist on taking off to visit Bali or Europe for their holidays...I reckon it's to compensate for them not buying a Fourby! :lol:

Thanks again mate.... you've done yourself proud!
:drink: :drink: :drink:
Graeme & Kath
MY15 GLX Triton Dual-cab Tent Topper with a few bits and a growing list.
"Passport? Don't need one to see the greatest country on earth!"

justinvv
Here and there

Unread post by justinvv » November 22nd, 2015, 1:44 pm

Thanks, Yeh, its not too far "Outback" - at least not for the hard core. :) I just love fossicking around the old town sites and mines out there. I filmed it for the family and friends that don't get out often (and some of them are ill and just can't do it anymore), thought it might inspire others, especially first timers/soft roaders, so I posted it.

RicBro
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by RicBro » January 11th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Hi Justin,

Wow great pics. Love fossilizing out that way myself and your pictures were amazing.

Went for a drive around Meeka and Cue last year but nothing compared to your drive.

Often go out to the wheatbelt and stopped in at the remains of the old Kwolyin hotel last week on the way back from Bruce Rock.

I don't suppose you have a mud map of your route?

Cheers Ric

Return to “Western Australia”