Brunswick Junction Mud and Ruts

REEDY1989
Here and there

Re: Brunswick Junction Mud and Ruts

Unread post by REEDY1989 » November 9th, 2015, 4:29 pm

might i add also i am not talking about straying off the track and making more track im referring to staying on designated 4x4 tracks. its there to be used. so use it.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 9th, 2015, 5:07 pm

REEDY1989 wrote:
I use wrecking in the olduns sense... to me its not wrecking. digging out a dirt track to ME is not mindless ruining of the environment.

Once again its all peoples matters of opinion.
This is not a discussion about olduns v's youngins.
It is indeed a discussion about what treatment degrades the usability of the track for a majority of users and what that degradation leads to.
Creating a boghole on a designated 4x4 track can make that track unusable for others.That boghole can change the water course and create erosion around the track which could cause it to become unstable or effect the fauna and flora of the area and as mentioned earlier spread "die back"
You forgot one word in your post. " its there to be used. so use it. responsibly"

monkeybucket
Part of the furniture

Unread post by monkeybucket » November 9th, 2015, 5:08 pm

:truck: :truck: :truck: :cool: Cheers for sharing
Cheers
Chris.

Off road when I'm good...in the shed when I'm naughty.

South West All Terrain ... www.swat4x4.com

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 9th, 2015, 5:38 pm

All good. Driving gently can spread pathogens from the dirt and weeds. Ah well, bye bye 4WDs and unsealed roads.

Not about old v young? Of course it is. Most, not all, but most of the "trouble" activity is by young fellas out there really getting in it. Trashing $30k vehicles like its nothing. Posting the results on FB, and showing off. Its like all things the young do, its a competition. More bass, more watts, more killer wasps, louder, bigger, taller.

Except Reedy is right. A small area is not going to do any harm. It gets burnt, drought, flood, it recovers. It naturally erodes, and fills itself back in. The mountains of Aus used to be taller, there was an ocean where theres now desert. Natures funny like that. It will recover, and change, its in a constant state of flux. Some on a grand scale, others minor, some are slow and take eons, others more than once in our lifetime. A 4WD leaves a rather small foot print in the scheme of things. Managed forestry, logging trucks, sand mining, the list goes on. 4WDs, pfft. Im not going to entertain the notion that the greenies are at all right. Youre falling into their trap, their strategy, theyve trapped you into agreeing with them in principle, that the 4WD is doing long term irreversible harm. Youre making their argument for them.

Yeah stockhorse, what will you tell future generations.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » November 10th, 2015, 12:36 am

Stockhorse nailed it.

If I went around anonymously during the day when all these young bogans & hooligans are at work & I carve up their front lawn garden etc with the effie... "Coz its only a small area that gets carved up out of all of the city" and I am just feeling like an arse-hole who doesn't care about anyone else's place - so that would be OK?

These public lands belong to everyone!

If you can't treat them with respect you should just stay the **** out!

Next time you come across bollards and lacked gates and your favorite place to "go **** up for fun" is now off limits - maybe understand that YOU are the cause.

Its simple. If you wanna do that *****, then knock yourself out, but either buy your own private land to do it on, or go to a 4wd park or whatever- but quit deliberately ******* up publicly owned lands, or get used to being locked out!

It's time to put a stop to this **** plain 'n simple!.

Like hooning on public roads - it's no longer "acceptable".

MLW4x4
Getting to know the place

Unread post by MLW4x4 » November 10th, 2015, 1:53 am

Hey guys, seems i'm late to the party!

Whilst I appreciate the passion everyone has on the subject, and I am definitely one to advocate for not only keeping tracks open and the responsible use of them, however(and feel free to crucify me if I am wrong) to my knowledge the area we were filming in is pine plantation? Not a NP,

And yes we do get a bit silly playing in mud holes and the likes but what you don't see is the track building, the clearing of fallen trees from tracks, the rubbish clean ups....

Education is the key here not locking gates.

Dont get on the forum as much as I should, so if you've got any queries, or just want to ***** stir me, check out our facebook page and send me a message.

Really appreciate all the feedback though, It's all a learning process for me.

Cheers guys :thumb: :truck: :truck:
3rz 120 prado
facebook.com/mlw4x4

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 10th, 2015, 3:07 am

Shann Low wrote:
It's time to put a stop to this **** plain 'n simple!.

Like hooning on public roads - it's no longer "acceptable".
Spoken like a true greenie. Tell me this, do pathogens only travel on the tyres of hoons and irresponsible 4WDers? No. Therefore all 4WD use is irresponsible and no longer acceptable. Maybe you and your concerned ass should stay the **** Expletive Deleted **** out.

You all sound like Sunday drivers, going on picnics to justify the fashion accessory youve purchased. Sounds like the only places you go, you could do in a VW Golf.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » November 10th, 2015, 10:52 am

I carry 200 liters of water and Copper Sulphate, to wash down if I travel thru contaminated areas!. The tanks are plumbed front and back with a 12V deck wash pump for pressure and snap locks - hose and nozzle!.
I am also skilled in observing dieback infestations.
ALL it takes is people to be responsible at the end of the day!.

REEDY1989
Here and there

Unread post by REEDY1989 » November 10th, 2015, 12:51 pm

i re-plant every blade of grass i drive over also

and plant a tree for every litre of oxygen i use

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 10th, 2015, 7:56 pm

stockhorse wrote:Nice straw man argument to avoid the legitimacy of the points made.

...so if I come and sh*t on your lounge room floor it is ok as it is a big house and if a small area is wrecked it's hardly an issue?
Umm see that there in bold, thats actually a straw man. I highly recommend you google the term before casting that accusation again.

Let me explain. A straw man is refuting an argument not proposed, and hoping no one notices the obvious difference that renders the analogy or extension, invalid. In other words, you rpelace aspects of the converstaion or proposition, with aspects that make it very different, ergo, a straw man. ie: Private v public property is very different. You have no stake in private land that isnt yours. In public land, the people youre having a go at, also have rights there, not just you. So these two types of land are actually an opposite position in a very fundamental way, and therefore not comparable.

Second, private land is much more finite than public land, and in the case of the average Aussie, very finite. If you ***** in corner of a lounge room, its going to be hard not to notice it no matter how far you travel from it within the room. But if I drive an hour away, or even 5 minutes, Im not going to see said boghole. If we're tearing up a front yard, the comparison is only fair if you destroy the entire states of NSW, Vic, Tas and Qld. On a national scale, these would make up the front yard.

Thus, they are straw man arguments.

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 10th, 2015, 8:05 pm

Shann Low wrote:I carry 200 liters of water and Copper Sulphate, to wash down if I travel thru contaminated areas!. The tanks are plumbed front and back with a 12V deck wash pump for pressure and snap locks - hose and nozzle!.
I am also skilled in observing dieback infestations.
ALL it takes is people to be responsible at the end of the day!.
So we should all be carrying 200lts?

And umm, its highly unlikey youll spot the pathogen as yet unknown. So you risk spreading that too. At some point, Dieback was not known either, until it was. But theres blackberry and lantana to spread as well, along with a gazillion other weeds and pests. You cant wash for all of them, and I refuse to believe you would even try.

Yes yes, they are unknown. But thats the point. There is no need for the risk at all. Stay out at all times. The greenie message is gaining traction, on your assertions.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 11th, 2015, 9:20 am

Well Gary_M I have decided to take my fathers advice on this one

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 11th, 2015, 11:09 am

Well Stockie,, been busy for a few days and I came back to find this thread.. SO,, he's at it again.?????? Might have to invite Chris to sit back and watch the fun.. But, then again, it's all getting a bit boring.. Same game plan each time..
Puff

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 11th, 2015, 11:14 am

Well youd have to, you were proved ignorant.

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 11th, 2015, 11:20 am

Brisbane Puff wrote:Well Stockie,, been busy for a few days and I came back to find this thread.. SO,, he's at it again.?????? Might have to invite Chris to sit back and watch the fun.. But, then again, it's all getting a bit boring.. Same game plan each time..
My wife is less passive aggressive than you. Pull your skirt down, youre embarrassing yourself.

Its called an opinion, and it hasnt changed. So it will remain the same.

You wowsers want to tell others how to live.
I prefer to let them be.

Watch the damn video, and then wonder why its started again, in this thread. Wasnt me but this is what Im talking about. There was bugger all wrong with that video (except maybe the music), yet still your ******* brigade is out lecturing the kids. He comes here to post a videeo and share and is greeted by negative nanny and the pissants.

But of course, its your bush, and your forum, so its to be expected that everyone always has to do as you lot tell them.

Return to “Western Australia”