Brunswick Junction Mud and Ruts

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Re: Brunswick Junction Mud and Ruts

Unread post by stockhorse » November 11th, 2015, 12:56 pm

Gary_M wrote:Well youd have to, you were proved ignorant.

Just who was that directed at ?

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 11th, 2015, 1:33 pm

stockhorse wrote:
Gary_M wrote:Well youd have to, you were proved ignorant.
Just who was that directed at ?
It was directed at the concept you fail to understand. A straw man. You know, the thing you accused me of doing, wrongly. Then proceeded within the same post to argue using a text book straw man. You obviously do not understand the concept of the straw man.

As I said, google the informal fallacy that is the straw man, you might learn something but I doubt it. Then, your accusation followed by your perfect usage of the fallacy, is textbook ignorance and hypocrisy. Google ignorance and hypocrisy while youre at it.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 11th, 2015, 2:44 pm

You entitled git.

The advice my father gave me "never argue with an idiot,they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" certainly applies here.

And for reference look up the legal definition of "Straw man argument" not one on wiki that was probably written by an unknowing clown to be referred to by other unknowing clowns.
You are indeed the perfect example of what the "greenies" (as you refer to them) complain about and reinforce the negatives they have about four wheel drivers perfectly for them.
As for your wife being more passive aggressive than people here: perhaps you should also reference the meaning of passive aggressive and why people act that way. You may in time work out that it is not a good thing.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 11th, 2015, 3:47 pm

C'mon guys, this is meant to be a TRIP report, & the OP was smart enough to say 'thanks for the feedback everybody, I'll take it on board' & then move on.... but it seems the rest of us can't either:

'learn from the hard won experiences' of those who've paved the way, gone thru all this before, & yet managed to keep what little of our great backyard we still we have left open thru compromise & THINKING a little about the image WE presented to the world with any out of context 'snapshots' we showed vs the long term impact of our chosen way of life/recreation (ie 4WD'ing) has on the bush, & maybe moderating our behaviour & attitude accordingly to maintain something instead of losing it ALL; or

realise that those 'so called' (or should that be 'self called'?) 'young'uns' DO have a valid point about how much Mother Nature can recover even if they still need some gentle guidance & education on how us 'oldies' managed to avoid the head on arguments they still face so that they'll have SOME CHANCE of convincing the 'lock everything up & throw away the key' mob that they aren't all into the 'rape & pillage the bush' thing that drives the lock it all up mentality....

& maybe between us we should be aiming for something that might be less than what either would prefer but IS at least ACHIEVABLE as a way ahead?!

But either way, let's all play nice here please. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 11th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Except Pete, there is nothing in that video that warrants the diatribe that followed. A man and his mate, go out and spend a day building memories with one of theirs kid.

Instead, he was met with an agenda and the forum is being used for that platform. He had insufficient legitimate reason to be out there. Oh, and he drove through a puddle.

And were expected to let that go unchallenged? They expect that. They expect they can lecture, and not be lectured in return. Instead accusing everyone else of exactly what they so clearly demonstrate.
stockhorse wrote:You entitled git.

The advice my father gave me "never argue with an idiot,they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" certainly applies here.

And for reference look up the legal definition of "Straw man argument" not one on wiki that was probably written by an unknowing clown to be referred to by other unknowing clowns.
You are indeed the perfect example of what the "greenies" (as you refer to them) complain about and reinforce the negatives they have about four wheel drivers perfectly for them.
As for your wife being more passive aggressive than people here: perhaps you should also reference the meaning of passive aggressive and why people act that way. You may in time work out that it is not a good thing.
Im going to leave the rest of your piss poor comprehension alone. Except this one.

What legal deifintion fits with whats happening up to that point in the thread?
The straw man who is the public face, legal entity, obfuscating the role of the true head of an organisation that is not permitted to act as head? Often criminals might use this, a person convicted of fraud for example, or an undischarged bankrupt heading up a public company for example.

Or the destitute (at least without means to pay) person that absorbs liability or debt so the true liable party can avoid it.?

It was clearly the argument fallacy. You dont need wiki, all definitions of the argument fallacy are the same. Wiki didnt make it up, Why hide from it?

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 11th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Gary_M You obviously didn't read the post that was a reply to the OP asking for opinions.It was all constructive as to how he could make the vids more interesting and relevant.

All that is ok,including the attempts to make it personal with your belittling remarks as I have finally worked you out.Yes it has taken longer than it should have but I got there in the end.
Well played I must admit.
You are "a greenie". Posting on this forum these ridiculous ideas and posts and then posting them on your "greenie" forums to use ammunition against four wheel drivers. Well done, but the jig is up. You have earned the title "Super Troll" well done.

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 11th, 2015, 10:03 pm

*sigh*...
Peter, as always, you are right in what you say.... Things do regenerate given time.

MLW4x4 .. By all means, go out and enjoy yourself. Just remember that all government departments run on some sort of budget.. And so, it is easier and cheaper to lock up an area to accomplish that regeneration then to spend resources on repairing damage as perceived by some do gooder...

Gary_M ... What's with you??? ... As I recall, at no time did I mention you, your post, or as a matter of fact anything pertaining to your good self..
So, having said that, one can only assume that you are feeling rather exposed and vulnerable when you attempt to inspire us with your words of eloquence and wisdom.. But never mind, take a deep breath and the feelings will pass.. If not, I'll gladly send you some of my medication..
But, now that you have my attention, I don't seem to recall you ever offering up any credentials?? Matter of fact, I can't seem to find your introduction when you recently joined this forum...

As for Stockie and Shann... Shame shame shame...
As my wise ol mammy told me when I was just a little piccaninny .....
-
-
-
-
-
-
Troll 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puff

Return to “Western Australia”