Collie Day Trip

JK John
Here and there

Collie Day Trip

Unread post by JK John » January 4th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Did some driving around the backyard the other day and invited some city slickers, Was impressed with the Traction control on the Prado , no flex but great traction, The Zook had lockers and low gearing so it got bored waiting on everyone else lol.
One stock JK and one diconected and lifted JK, both did well with the BLD function. A lot of wheel spin from the others with no lockers or traction control.
Good easy day out :)

JK John
http://youtu.be/THMBWk7MJbQ

HDJ78R
Need to get out more

Re: Collie Day Trip

Unread post by HDJ78R » January 4th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Good video mate. There's some nasty ruts out there. Well done :thumb:

JK John
Here and there

Unread post by JK John » January 5th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Cheers, we had a few newbies along so we left the hard stuff for another day, The spotter was crucial in some of the rutted stuff

G.T
Getting to know the place

Unread post by G.T » January 9th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Nice video mate, care to share where the tracks are? If it's the one near the dam, I drove past the entrance but didnt get time to get in there.
Cheers

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 9th, 2012, 1:53 pm

It is never a good idea to share track info on the public Forum. Often, tracks that are identified in threads (even just by pics or vids that show identifiable details) draw extra attention from those who want to stop all 4WD'ing wherever it occurs, as well as attention from all sorts of other low-lives too. There have been instances of booby traps being set with varying degrees of potential damage & danger to life & limb; and frequently tracks so identified become the next target for closure.

So if you want to identify specific tracks, or even anything more than just a general area as in the thread heading, it's best to take it to PM or email if not even off-line entirely.

Sorry, but those are the realities of the world we live in & the nature of Forums & the internet, where anything you post is visible to the entire world, not just the people you think should read it.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

patrol1978
Been here a while

Unread post by patrol1978 » January 9th, 2012, 4:38 pm

I think your right Peter.
Pity but it seems like the way we are going. I think we have slightly less track closure issues than the eastern states, but I am sure as time goes on the fun stuff will be locked away. I just hope I can get a chance to show my new born son some of the fun stuff before

JK John
Here and there

Unread post by JK John » January 9th, 2012, 7:47 pm

These tracks are not accessable by your average unlocked or lifted fourby, the easier tracks in the same area have litter and crap all over them sadly from people who drive 4wds . I am happy to take a few friends there but I will not post up where it is or how to get there. If you know where this is then please keep it to your self.
Sorry , don't wish to offend but it is how it is. Hope you at least enjoyed the vid.
We have even tougher tracks in the same area we will line up for the next trip :)

John

Return to “Western Australia”