oncedisturbed
Part of the furniture

Re: BRUNSWICK JUNCTION -WA

Unread post by oncedisturbed » August 15th, 2011, 6:50 pm

That looks awesome Missy

Missy

Unread post by Missy » August 15th, 2011, 7:03 pm

It was a great day! Except the last part :D Have a proper GPS now, so can avoid the tracks to nowhere!

Missy

Unread post by Missy » August 15th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Spent a freezing 1/2 hour at the carwash (and a lot of coinage) scrubbing the mud off the beast. I'm too scared to start on the interior lol. Amazed there was no carnage- just plenty of pinstriping :D The only casualty was my southern cross sticker- the stars are missing a couple of points. Can't complain!

Bought a VMS this afternoon, should be handy next time we are out and about lol. Stretch, the only problem with phone apps are that either I run my phone flat taking pics or the Captain playing games, or it takes w-a-y to long to load. I bough MudMap application for iPhone 4 earlier this year. We trekked off to Kal and it lost all sense in Collie, and could't locate us. On a major h'way even lol.

(ok, that's my justification and I'm sticking to it!)

And tomorrow- tomorrow I'll deal with the interior of the car, most importantly the recovery gear
:D
IMAG0800 (Copy).jpg
IMAG0801 (Copy).jpg
IMAG0806 (Copy).jpg
IMAG0807 (Copy).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boozer
Been here a while

Unread post by Boozer » August 16th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Still heaps of tracks out there (home). On a good day, I can do all those tracks with all terrains, a bit of rain and it makes a hell of a difference. Been stuck a few times because of the rain, but give it half a day with a bit of sun or no rain and its completely different to drive. Pity about all the rubbish the pigs leave behind.

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » August 16th, 2011, 3:14 pm

I am glad you had a blast. It is an awesome area out there, and well worth staying a few nights at too. Love the makeshift winch!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Missy

Unread post by Missy » August 21st, 2011, 11:33 am

The amount of rubbish is disgusting, we brought some out yesterday but plenty is left. Yesterdays drive was different, a lot less boggy after some sun. It hammered down when we hit Brunswick, glad.we were out by then!

Darknight
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Darknight » August 21st, 2011, 12:06 pm

Brunswick is just round the corner from me we got a ripper thunderstorm through here yesterday arvo with the amount of wind I'd say it will dry out pretty quick. So I have a bit of a test track when I get the pos up and running and registered, Did you work out if your front or rear wheels fell into the ruts first? The 76 has a different track front to rear so just because the front wheel ran over it doesn't mean the rears will follow.

Missy

Unread post by Missy » August 21st, 2011, 1:21 pm

It was front first, but with the slippery clay, angle of the track and size of the ruts the rear was coming along for the ride :D

No shortage of test tracks, I'm keen to get back out there

Darknight
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Darknight » August 21st, 2011, 3:00 pm

Miss 76er wrote:It was front first, but with the slippery clay, angle of the track and size of the ruts the rear was coming along for the ride :D

No shortage of test tracks, I'm keen to get back out there
We find sometimes with the work vehicles the front will be lined up fine only to have the much heavier rear (stuff we carry) with its narrower track drop into exactly what we are trying to avoid. The flip side is been work we can refuse to do it or we get shovels out either way the clock is still ticking and we charge for time not production.

Missy

Unread post by Missy » August 21st, 2011, 3:34 pm

If I was paid to dig, I'd do it slow :)

choochie
Here and there

Unread post by choochie » August 24th, 2011, 1:00 am

Ripper report. VMS sounds like its the goods too. I have a Hema 5. Works great. Have found a few programs (free) that allow you to download Nearmap satellite tiles and google map tiles for free to use on the HEMA (and probably other GPS units too). Not paying $200+ for maps! Best birthday present ever.

Might see you on the tracks one day as I'm a local Perthite too.

Gunsmoke
Been here a while

Unread post by Gunsmoke » November 3rd, 2011, 11:25 pm

You guys are insane. They look like killer tracks!

Missy

Unread post by Missy » November 3rd, 2011, 11:29 pm

Insane? Possibly :) come down and play one day :D

claytone
Been here a while

Unread post by claytone » November 10th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Mate you are a legend at writing articles honestly i laughed so hard with that bit u said about creating a vacuum on your seat! hahaha! nice truck by the way. i think you should write up a article for the magazine! go for it! Aaron schubert is one of my good mates so we do a few good trips!you will see my 80series in some of his articles. love the article and you sense of humour. cheers Clayton.

Gunsmoke
Been here a while

Unread post by Gunsmoke » November 12th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Miss 76er wrote:Insane? Possibly :) come down and play one day :D
You know, I often pass through the little town, but have never thought to see about any 4wding there. i know my mate from work and some of his crew often create some carnage there!
With my luck, my :truck: would break something.

Return to “Western Australia”