Billy Goat Bluff Tk

cokeaddict
Here and there

Billy Goat Bluff Tk

Unread post by cokeaddict » March 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

I read about a month or so back someone posted a comment about billy goat and said it was recently graded. So I figured It would be a great time to do it solo. Well it sure wasn't graded, in fact it was some seriously good fun. The climb is super steep and it was ROUGH. most of the climb was done in 1 low as 2 low kept bouncing the wheels off the ground loosing traction.
If you have not done Billy Goat Bluff Tk...DO IT !!! without a doubt the most challenging track I have done alone.
Once you make it to the top, the views from the Pinnacle lookout are spectacular to say the least. weather was perfect. Blue skies and no wind made the whole trip enjoyable.
here is a shot from the top..

pickle
Admin

Re: Billy Goat Bluff Tk

Unread post by pickle » March 8th, 2016, 6:09 am

Billy Goat was dozed the week before Australia Day 2015. I drove it a few weeks ago and it is good to see it coming back to near it's former glory. A few more years and it will be the great challenge it was three years ago.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

cokeaddict
Here and there

Unread post by cokeaddict » March 8th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Interesting Dave, thanks for that mate. if that's the case mate I look forward to doing it again. Such a buzz climbing sections of it on Saturday

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Unread post by Clarkey16 » March 8th, 2016, 2:58 pm

If I could only take photos like that :thumb: We need a like button.

I seriously need to get off my ass & get down there :redface:

The best part of that view is "only in a 4wd". You've gotta love this country :drink:
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

cokeaddict
Here and there

Unread post by cokeaddict » March 8th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Yeh Clarkey16,
Agree 100% mate... "only in a 4wd"
You can take pics like that too, BUT ya need the ok from ya finance minister to buy the gear :-)
I am lucky... I don't listen to her anymore when it comes to money. She hates it but hey..she knows where the door is anytime.
Plan the trip, get down here Its amazing. even a weekender (3 day stay) you can do blue rag, billy goat bluff and so many others like crooked river Tk (lots of nice camping there).
So much here to see.
I am from Sydney too mate. I am living down here for another maybe 3 years them back home but the more I go there the more I want to stay. I could do this every weekend for 20 years and still not see it all.

Return to “Victoria”