Annual Victoria Ranger/BT50 weekend Trip Report

JBird
Avid Poster

Annual Victoria Ranger/BT50 weekend Trip Report

Unread post by JBird » December 6th, 2014, 8:55 am

Well, it's over for another year, but as usual what a great trip.

All up we had 12 people and 8 cars. The cars consisted of: 1 BT50, 1 PX Ranger, 2 PJ Rangers & 4 PK Rangers.

As stated we made Pineapple Flat our home for the weekend (the week really as some went up at different times during the week) which turned out to be a great little spot. Plenty of shade on those hot days we had and also right on the King River which was great to have a dip in after a dusty days' drive.

We had a few routes set out but never got to do them all as we changed a few things along the way. the 3 of us that arrived early set out on the Friday from camp and headed off down King Basin Rd for King River Hut which included I think it was 4 or 5 river crossings along the way. After stopping at the hut we then proceeded along Speculation Rd onto Circuit Rd and up to Craigs Hut where we stopped for a bite to eat before leaving via Circuit Rd then onto Black Landing Rd and back to camp.

Come Saturday after everyone had arrived we decided on the Lake Cobbler route. This route entailed leaving camp along King Basin Rd again (and the river crossings) up to King River Hut again where we stopped to get some photos of the whole group (with the exception of the 2 blokes that had to leave early Sat morning for a wedding). We then continued on to Speculation Rd then Cobbler Lake Track towards Lake Cobbler. This was a good rough track and had a nice little deep rocky detour through one of the creeks beside the bridge, it was just a shame that "The Staircase" had been graded and had turned into more of a "Rocky Rd". We continued on to Lake Cobbler for a bite to eat before heading back down Little Cobbler Track and on to Speculation Rd to Circuit Rd and up to Bindaree Rd where we went down to see Bindaree Falls.

The Falls were flowing ok, not like a torrent but not like a dribble either; was a good sight to see, and being able to get in behind the falls was great and put a whole new perspective on it.
After seeing the falls we continued back along Bindaree Rd crossing Circuit Rd straight onto Monument Track where we scrambled (and I do mean scrambled, this track was steep and rocky. A great track to drive for that bit of addrenalin) across to Clear Hills Track and back up to Craigs Hut for another look and a quick bite before heading back to camp via Circuit rd and Black Landing Rd.

Come Sunday we all decided to head off as some had to work the next day, some had been there all week (since Monday) and some of us just wanted to beat the forecast storms for that afternoon. So after a great weekend spent catching up with some old and new friends, talking ***** around some great fires at night and doing some great driving during the day 3 of the cars headed off towards Frankston where 2 continued and the father & son team consisting of James & Peter that came over from Tasmania turned off and headed for the boat to cross the ditch back home. Two of the other cars packed up and were going to head home via the tracks for some more wheeling, and the trip organizer and myself headed back together stopping a few time along the way for a bite to eat and a cold drink.

It's a shame that some people couldn't make it or had to pull out for different reasons as it's always great to meet new people and discuss and compare our chosen make of vehicle. BUT! Being the "annual" Victorian Ranger & BT50 meet just means that there'll be another one next year, so keep your eyes open for that one you blokes ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Failure is never quite so frightening as regret"

JBird
Avid Poster

Re: Annual Victoria Ranger/BT50 weekend Trip Report

Unread post by JBird » December 6th, 2014, 8:57 am

more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JBird
Avid Poster

Unread post by JBird » December 6th, 2014, 8:59 am

& again

JBird
Avid Poster

Unread post by JBird » December 6th, 2014, 9:01 am

Last lot!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 6th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Certainly looks/sounds like you had a pretty good time despite not doing all the planned stuff!! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

JBird
Avid Poster

Unread post by JBird » December 6th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Always going to get that though when you have people arriving at different times, but sometimes it can't be helped, it's just the way it is. The great thing about these types of get togethers though is as good as wheeling is, sometimes it's just as good to sit around a fire and talk some ***** and catch up with what everyone's been up to ;)

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:19 am

Hi Jas,

Great trip report!!! Couldn't say it better myself!!!!

Also I would like to thank all those that made the effort and attended what was I think a great trip, also a special thanks to James and Peter for making so much effort and attending from Hobart. Good to see new faces like Mike, Leon and Jessie, James and Peter and George

Because of all you blokes, it makes the time of organising a trip worthwhile!!!!

Hope to see you all again next year!!!!(and more new faces)

P.S Keep your eye on the forum undoubtedly there will be some day trips organized between now and the next ANNUAL w/end away!!! :lol:

Cheers Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink:
Last edited by Ranger50 on December 7th, 2014, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:27 am

And some more!!!!
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:30 am

"Who is this????"

No it couldn't be!!!!

Yes it is!!!!

SNYDLEY WHIPLASH reincarnate!!!!!

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:46 am

And again!!!!

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:51 am

Once more!!!!

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » December 7th, 2014, 7:53 am

Any word on a "DROP BOX" yet Jas????

JBird
Avid Poster

Unread post by JBird » December 7th, 2014, 12:42 pm

I looked into it Ian, was pretty sure you could share whole folders of stuff but it looks like you have to pay more for that privilege so I just posted all my stuff here. There are plenty of other cloud services such as Google Drive; OneDrive; Box & Copy etc so one of those might be the go, but I don't know what the other boys are doing. I believe Keith was going to look into something also.
I just wanna see Stevie Snydley Whiplash's videos ;)

XLT Ranger
Been here a while

Unread post by XLT Ranger » December 7th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Great write up Jason, and thanks for the photos Jason and Ian.

It was a great trip as stated previously. It's just a pity we didn't do more driving together on the Sunday - it was a nice day in the end as we drove through to Mansfield and aired up before hitting the asphalt.

I want to see the video of Steve too! He has an epic mustache by the way! Haha. What a classic.

Tony
2008 PJ Dual Cab 5sp Man 4x4 XLT Ranger
Mods: 2" Snorkel Lift, Phillips Sports Headlight Globes, Tinted Windows, Chromed Wheel Nuts, & an Aftermarket AM/FM Aerial

magicmike
Getting to know the place

Unread post by magicmike » December 7th, 2014, 10:07 pm

Thanks guys for organising the trip, I had a great time meeting new people and seeing some new sites.
Looking forward to next year, hopefully with a couple of extra mods.

Return to “Victoria”