Vic High Country

Spanner1969
Here and there

Vic High Country

Unread post by Spanner1969 » March 6th, 2014, 7:35 am

Hi all,

After a recent trip to Victorian high Country (Feb 2014), I thought I would share with you some information on the 4wd tracks.
Camping at Tom Groggin, we headed off to Mt Pinnabar, which for the most part was in good condition, but the first part next to TG station, along the fence line was just graded and was very powdery, dust was everywhere. Whilst we had only 5 trucks, it was very hard to see, and the gap between trucks was a few minutes for this section.

Morning tea was at Mt Pinnabar and then onto Wheelers Hut for lunch, roads were all good, some tracks were a little overgrown but in most part, was good. We headed down to Tom groggin road, and back to the campground for some rest after 8 hours in the saddle.
After visting the Vic High Country on many occasions, this was the best weather conditions we had ever seen, shorts/Tshorts and even a swim at TG was required.

A shot from Mt Pinnabar, if you havent been up this way before, go. There are some very beautiful views from all over the high country.

enjoy the pictures,

Spanner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spanner1969

Gippslander
Been here a while

Re: Vic High Country

Unread post by Gippslander » March 6th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Thanks Spanner looking good.
Gippy wish i was there.
P38 A Range Rover.
D3 Discovery.

dacamshaft
Here and there

Re: Vic High Country

Unread post by dacamshaft » March 23rd, 2014, 5:45 pm

Unfortunately sections of the track up to Mt.Pinnibar from Tom Groggin have deteriorated quite significantly over the past 12 months and l'm not referring to the sections along the property line that have been getting a bit of grading work. Local whispers (god bless'em) are that parks would like to close the track which could explain the lack of any maintenance by them?

Personally l do not think (hope) they would be that pathetic as the country up here is magic & second to nothing. Good read!

Cheers Cammo

Return to “Victoria”