North Straddie

Eleve
Here and there

Re: North Straddie

Unread post by Eleve » July 10th, 2015, 2:27 pm

After the tripod track, we worked our way to the main beach and found a track that went parallel to the main beach. It had a rocky bottom with lots of water. Now some of the puddles were not for the faint hearted as water went over my bonnet, keeping in mind that my Patrol has a 5" lift and on 35's. Anyway it made for some good filming which I'll post on YouTube when we get home. My mate with his B50 turned around when he saw how deep it got.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 10th, 2015, 3:44 pm

The Sand Dune at Point Lookout
Kids just love having a climb, the view is great from the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 11th, 2015, 9:48 am

Last night was a cracker for fishing, lots of bites and heaps of fun. Again nearly all was under size, well that's what we could bring up as we had some competition with one of locals who kept stealing our fish.

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 11th, 2015, 10:02 am

Now that dolphin managed to un-hook the fish of the line leaving the line intact each time. Of we had a break occasionally as he took turns stealing other anglers fish. Let's just say how annoying it was, it was magic and the kids loved seeing it all happen.
After about 20 mins we gave up and just stopped fishing and just watched the beautiful sunset from the beach. A magical place on our last night.

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 15th, 2015, 5:09 pm

Well that was the end of our trip. I am sitting at work (desk jockey) and dreaming of our next trip.
Cheers

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 15th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Well, it looks like you had a bloody fantastic trip!! How long do you hafta wait until the next one?

Have you got one of your favourite pics from this last trip up on the computer as a screen saver yet? I find that doing this helps motivate me.... not to get anything more done at work, but certainly to do a bit more planning for the next trip!! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 23rd, 2015, 9:38 pm

Mate the next trip is planned for the weekend 14 August. Leaving from the Gold Coast for a swag camp in the snow. Some mates from Melbourne are organising the trip and the young lad ( with mums approval) is keen for a true adventure trip.
I'll post the trip up as it happens subject to internet connection.

Return to “Queensland”